Betcha Don’t Know These Surprising Facts About Your Fave Fragrances
Your signature scent is like the final piece of an outfit’s puzzle. Sure, you’re still technically dressed without it, but you pretty much feel incomplete without a spritz or two, amiright? That’s because your fave fragrance can boost your mood, ease your stress, and build confidence. In honor of National Fragrance Day (yep, that’s a thing!) on March 21, we’re celebrating by sharing surprising facts about your go-to perfumes.
1. Carolina Herrera Good Girl ($115): This ahmazing heel bottle is major fragrance #goals, but guess what? The iconic heel bottle took four years to develop and over 600 tests to perfect.
2. La Femme Prada Eau de Parfum ($95): This gorg bottle has major history. It’s the first Prada fragrance to use the Milano seal, which dates back to 1919 when Prada was the “Official Supplier to the Italian Royal Household.”
3. Clean Reserve Citron Fig ($95): If you like to feel good about your beauty products, you’ll love this sustainable brand and its signature scent. The bottle cap is made of wood from certified sustainably managed forests in Spain. Plus the alcohol in the perfume is derived from corn, allowing for a highly refined and pure juice. So clean and refreshing!
4. Cartier Baiser Fou Eau de Parfum ($95): Imagine if your perfume smelled as yummy as your lip gloss (hello, white chocolate!), and you’ll get this decadent fragrance. It’s supposed to be as good as a kiss. Mathilde Laurent, Cartier’s in-house perfumer, was inspired by Oscar Wilde’s quote: “Follies are the only things you never regret.”
5. Arquiste Ella ($190): If you want your fragrance to transport you to a time and place, you’ll love the story behind this scent. It’s inspired by a nightclub in Mexico the founder’s father used to frequent in the ’70s, and Ella is the femme version of a couple meeting at the club for the first time. Cue the romantic in you.
What’s your #signaturescent? Tell us on Twitter @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations