15 Birthstone Engagement Rings That Make You Forget About Diamonds
Contrary to popular belief, not all brides are donning diamonds when it’s time to say “I do.” From engaging emeralds to stunning sapphires, the options are endless for fashion-forward engagement ring style. One of our favorite alternatives to the traditional diamond sparkler is the unique look of birthstone bling. Opting for a birthstone engagement ring not only adds a personal touch, but they’re also typically a lower cost alternative to your massive sparklers — that’s a great bonus for budget-conscious brides everywhere. And don’t worry, April babes — since diamonds are your birthstone, we found a totally original way for you to mix up your nuptial style as well. Scroll down for our favorite birthstone engagement ring ideas.
1. Audry Rose Square Garnet Deco Ring ($1,055): This gorgeous art deco garnet ring is perfect for January babies. The delicate design and antique-inspired setting incorporate sweet, flanking diamonds alongside the square cut center stone as an unexpected way to rep your b-day gem.
FEBRUARY / AMETHYST
2. La More Design Rose Gold Green Amethyst Diamond Engagement Ring ($1,068): Ladies born in the month of February can stun in this rose gold and amethyst bauble. The best way to highlight the gemstone’s subtle green glow is by pairing it alongside an ornate vintage-esque setting like this rose gold filigree.
MARCH / AQUAMARINE / BLOODSTONE
3. by Angeline Raw Uncut Aquamarine Engagement Ring ($995): Aquamarines offer some of the most subtle shades of blue that translate well to both rough cut stones and highly polished versions. That’s why we love this decidedly natural style of raw aquamarine for a cool, earthy look that’s fit for a bohemian goddess.
4. Fourtane Bloodstone Diamond Gold Cluster Ring ($4,150): The vintage look of this moonstone and diamond pairing definitely appeals to our inner glamour girl. Chances are, if you’re a March-born Aries, you’ll love the fiery fashion statement this unique ring makes.
APRIL / DIAMOND
5. Dana Rebecca Isabelle Brooke Bar Ring ($605): April’s birthstone is the diamond, but that doesn’t mean you have to only sport traditional styles. Instead, rock a diamond engagement ring that boasts cool-girl vibes, a la this double bar ring from contemporary jewelry designer Dana Rebecca.
MAY / EMERALD
6. Artmer Emerald Engagement Ring With Pave Diamonds Crown ($1,400): This emerald ring is fit for a princess, with a crown of diamonds surrounding the top of the pear-shaped center stone. It couples perfectly with a sleek curved gold wedding band for a truly creative design.
JUNE / PEARL / MOONSTONE
7. Jennie Kwon Designs Tri Pearl Ring ($374): This engagement ring is the epitome of understated class. If you’re the type of bride to forgo a big budget but never skimp on style, then this pearl trio ring might just be for you.
8. Luna Skye Double Band Moonstone Hex Ring ($2200): Who needs a diamond when you can get the rich, multidimensional sparkle of a moonstone? Its iridescent pearl quality plays off the gold setting and micro-pave diamonds for an unforgettable look.
JULY / RUBY
9. MinimalVS Marquise Ruby Engagement Ring ($2,660): A vintage-inspired ruby engagement ring is the way to go for July-born babes, and this exquisite marquise cut is one of our faves. The regal ruby features a rich pigment and a demi-halo of black diamonds. It doesn’t get much better than that.
AUGUST / PERIDOT
10. Luxuring Rose Gold Peridot Engagement Ring ($194): August birthdays get the pleasure of having peridot as their gemstone. Placed in a simple yet stunning rose gold setting, this peridot bauble is a great option for August minimalists who like to think outside the box when it comes to their bridal style.
SEPTEMBER / SAPPHIRE
11. Blue Nile Sapphire and Micropavé Diamond Halo Ring ($2475): Only the best will do for a true Virgo princess, and this stunning oval sapphire engagement ring is just that. While sapphires do come in a variety of colors, they’re traditionally known for this deep shade of blue.
OCTOBER / OPAL
12. Luna Skye Petite Triangle Double Band Opal Ring ($1,825): The aptly named “water stone” contains a larger proportion of water than any other gemstone, and is considered the stone of inspiration, making it the perfect option for creative ladies with an October birthday. How stunning is this unconventional style that calls to mind days spent by the ocean?
NOVEMBER / TOPAZ / CITRINE
13. Blue Nile Blue Topaz + Diamond Ring ($1,450): If you love a pop of color and the healthy glow of a cool blue topaz, consider this stunning ring for your engagement. Keep in mind that when you select a gemstone like topaz, it’s best to opt for a tastefully sized center stone to ensure that it doesn’t get mistaken for costume jewelry.
14. Kilar Jewelry Citrine Engagement Ring Set ($568): The amber shade of citrine is an ideal option for November-born women who love sweater weather and PSL anything. This emerald-cut version of the soft-shaded stone is a beautiful balance of traditional and cutting edge.
DECEMBER / TURQUOISE
15. Anna Sheffield Stardust Turquoise Bea Ring ($5,500): We’re honestly a little jealous of December birthdays, because we’re so in love with this turquoise and diamond style. The southwestern feel of this gorgeous ring is enhanced by its various vintage elements.
What style of birthstone engagement ring would you consider? Let us know on Pinterest!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.