Named one of 2018’s hottest home decor trends by Pinterest, bone inlay furniture brings a beautifully handcrafted breath of fresh air to any room. And while the intricacy of the patterns is totally mesmerizing, the price tag can be hefty. (Luckily, the look is surprisingly simple to mimic with a strong stencil and a little gumption!) Read on for some serious inlay inspo — and a couple of projects you can do yourself.
1. IKEA Dresser DIY: Save your pennies with this inlay-inspired DIY using IKEA’s $35 RAST dresser and a stencil kit. (via Apartment Therapy)
2. Pink DIY Coffee Table: Playful and punchy, this room comes together by an unexpected shade of pink. (via PMQ for Two)
3. Statement Mirror: Spice up a bland hallway with chic black-and-white bone inlay mirror that’s a perfect fit for the space. (via Crazy Wonderful)
4. Modern Dresser Design: We love that the inlaid bone trend can be bold and full of contrast, or muted and airy. This so-fun turquoise option pairs beautifully with statement pinks. (via Mimosa Lane)
5. Tasseled Handles and Bone Inlay from India: An authentic piece from overseas christened this dramatic living room, while the tasseled adornments put the chic factor over the top. (via Glitter Guide)
6. Dreamy Nightstand: The white-on-white tones in this pretty bedroom create a romantic and serene atmosphere, heightened by stunning details of this bone inlay nightstand. (via Style Me Pretty)
7. DIY Stenciled Tray: Organize rogue makeup brushes or create a tray for keys and letters at the front door with a super-simple DIY tray tutorial for the bone inlay look. (via Centsational Style)
8. Pretty Pink Nursery: We love the whimsy that this dresser adds to a baby’s nursery. This piece has the style and longevity to grow with you and your decor over time. (via 100 Layer Cakelet)
Spotted more bone inlay inspo all over instagram? Tag @britandco on your faves!