12 Brazilian Cocktails & Desserts to Eat, Drink & Be Merry During the Olympics
You’re officially ready for the Olympics. The Summer 2016 Games are upon us, and you’ve already got a game plan for your first (and second, and 10th) viewing party. It will include traditional Brazilian dishes and everyone’s favorite cheesy bread snack, pão de queijo. You can’t wait to celebrate Team USA while watching the Brazil-based sporting event. The only thing missing from your menu is something to start the party with — and something to end it with. Here are 12 Brazilian cocktails and desserts to liven up any festa you’ve got planned.
1. Brazilian French Toast: For a perfect combination of breakfast and dessert, nobody can stay away from French toast for long. This Brazilian take on the classic is surely the way to start any Olympics watching party. (via Brazilian Flair in the USA)
2. Creamy Brazilian Cornmeal Cake: The classic bolo de fubá is a delicacy like no other. It’s perfect for breakfast but even better with an afternoon coffee, so serve this at the end of the party for an extra special treat. (via Olivia’s Cuisine)
3. Traditional Brigadeiros: Presented at many Brazilian celebrations, this classic delicacy is made from condensed milk, cocoa powder, butter and chocolate sprinkles. Bonus: Find sprinkles in the colors of Team USA or Brazil’s flag for an additional party-perfect touch. (via Olivia’s Cuisine)
4. Passion Fruit Mousse: You’ll need to make your own passion fruit juice for this delicate and airy recipe, but it’s not as difficult as it sounds. Make extras if you plan to serve that mousse de maracuja (the Brazilian name for this dish) alongside a passion fruit cocktail. (via Sips and Spoonfuls)
5. Coconut Bars: Coconut is popular throughout Latin America, but never has it been quite as scrumptious as in these coconut bars. Friends from all over will delight in this recipe, and ask for seconds to take home too! (via The House That Lars Built)
6. Brigadeiro Ice Cream: This chocolate ice cream is everything you’ve ever dreamed of and more. Take all of the inspiration you can from the classic Brazilian sweet and turn it into a treat that you and your girls won’t be able to resist. (via Olivia’s Cuisine)
7. Classic Caipirinha: You can’t have an Olympics watching party without the traditional drink of Brazil. Made with cachaça, the distilled sugarcane juice liquor also known as Brazilian rum, this recipe calls for just two more base ingredients — limes and sugar. Can we say HOORAY?! (via Laylita’s Recipes)
8. Raspberry Caipirinha: Fresh summer berries are calling our name, and there’s nothing easier than including a fresh batch of raspberries in your cocktail. The classic caipirinha gets a sweet twist and some bright color with this tasty recipe. (via A Happy Food Dance)
9. Mango Caipirinha: With some simple syrup and fresh mango wedges, you can transform a caipirinha into a tastier-than-ever drink. We would recommend making a couple extra batches of the simple syrup so you can recreate this cocktail during the entire run of the Olympic Games. (via Edible Woman)
10. Pineapple Caipirinha: Combine one classic tropical drink with one delicious tropical fruit and what do you get? Sweetness in a glass! Bonus: Learn how to make infused sugar to rim your glass. (via Laylita’s Recipes)
11. Strawberry Caipirinha: Step 1: Head to your local farmers’ market and pick up some strawberries. Step 2: Make this cocktail, serve and DRINK UP. Tip: Sub in sparkling water for the cachaça if you’re serving the drink to any kiddies or dry friends. (via From Brazil to You)
12. Cucumber Lemongrass Caipirinha: For a combination of unique flavors, look no further! Add an extra dose of freshness to an already refreshing cocktail with muddled cucumber and lemongrass. It’s one drink that nobody will be able to resist. (via Supergolden Bakes)
Want more cocktails, desserts and recipe inspiration? Follow us on Pinterest.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)