20 Refreshing Spritzers for Labor Day Sipping
The holiday that marks the end of summer is quickly approaching *sad face.* Is it just us, or does the distance between Memorial Day and Labor Day get smaller every year? Instead of crying about it, make the most out of your Labor Day weekend with fizzy spritzers galore. Whether you choose to mix up a vintage Fresca cocktail or a hip La Croix cocktail, bubbles and booze are where it’s at in the summertime. Get your unique hot dog toppings ready and keep reading for 20 refreshing spritzers that will keep you cool by the pool all Labor Day.
1. Coconut Lemon Spritzer: Staying hydrated is key in the hotter months. This mocktail blends coconut water with lemon juice and lemon soda for a thirst quenching beverage you can’t put down. (via Unexpected Elegance)
2. Sangria Spritzer: Sangria is essential for your Labor Day festivities. Try stepping it up a notch with a little bit of fizz from sparkling wine. Muddle raspberries and add sliced citrus to the pitcher for a fresh and fruity vibe. (via Brit + Co)
4. Earl Grey Ginger Spritzer: If you need a little caffeine boost and iced coffee isn’t your jam, try a tea spritzer. This one has only two ingredients: Earl Grey tea and ginger beer. (via Culinary Ginger)
5. Cucumber Lime Basil Prosecco Spritzer: Give your basic bottle of Prosecco a spa-like boost with fresh basil and cucumber. Stick your Champagne glasses in the freezer for a few minutes before pouring for an even more invigorating experience. (via FANNEtastic Food)
6. Sparkling Champagne Spritzer with Peaches: Peach Schnapps, white wine and Champagne give this drink a summery and fruity feel. Garnish with sliced peaches and edible flowers to make it truly impressive. (via Salted Mint)
7. Lemon Blueberry Vodka Spritzer: There’s no need to play bartender all Labor Day weekend. Set out blueberry vodka, honey simple syrup and lemon sparkling water and let everyone make their own drinks to the strength they desire. (via Honey and Birch)
8. Lime Rosé Spritzer: This cocktail tastes like a girly garden party and we’re not mad at it. It mixes elderflower liqueur with lime juice, rosé and seltzer, meaning it goes down smooth while cooling you off. (via Hungry Girl Por Vida)
9. Melon Basil White Wine Spritzer: We found what you can do with all of that leftover cantaloupe you have. Puree it with a bit of water and top with basil and white wine. You’re welcome. (via The Sweetest Occasion)
10. Orange Red Wine Spritzer: It seems like once Labor Day comes, we’re all cheering on fall, which means red wine is totally acceptable. With flavors like cinnamon simple syrup and Angostura Bitters, this spritzer is more than enough to get you pumped for the upcoming season. (via Honey and Birch)
11. Peach Raspberry Spritzer: This delicious concoction is so easy to drink that you may have to monitor how many you’re indulging in. The recipe makes eight servings, so you can pour everything into a pitcher and fuhgettaboutit. (via Smart Little Cookie)
12. Pineapple Mint Spritzer: If you have just five minutes and three ingredients, this pineapple mint spritzer could be yours. Moscato works well as the wine for this drink because of its sweetness, but feel free to use another white wine you have on hand. (via Damn Delicious)
13. Pineapple Rosemary Spritzer: If you feel like having something a little more herby and non-alcoholic, this pineapple rosemary spritz will do the trick. The star of the drink is easily the rosemary simple syrup that pairs perfectly with fresh pineapple juice. (via Oleander and Palm)
14. Raspberry Lemonade Spritzers: Using fruit preserves is a great way to add intense fruit flavor to your drinks. Here, raspberry jam is topped with lemon juice and lemon sparkling water, and it’s just as good as it sounds. (via Freutcake)
15. Red Wine Berry Spritzer: Red wine can sometimes be a bit heavy for outdoor summer gatherings. Freshen it up by adding berry La Croix and frozen blueberries… And plenty of ice, of course. (via Aggie's Kitchen)
16. Rose Lemon Spritzer: When used with restraint, rose water can transform any drink or dish into something spectacular. If you’re planning on having a girly day by the pool, this is the cocktail you want to have in-hand. (via Half Baked Harvest)
17. Strawberry Peach Spritzer: Sparkling wine has made the spritzer game WAY easier. The simplest way to do it is to find your favorite flavor and throw in some fresh fruit. That way it enhances the flavor of the wine and you get to eat the fruit at the end. (via What the Fork)
18. Very Berry Spritzer: Frozen berries are great for drinks because they release a ton of juice as they thaw. The only other ingredients to this mocktail are fresh strawberries and lemon-lime soda, so you probably have everything you need to make them right now. (via Deliciously Sprinkled)
19. Pamplemousse La Croix and Lavender Mocktail: This recipe mixes Pamplemousse La Croix with a homemade lavender simple syrup and fresh grapefruit juice to hit the spot when you're gathered with friends (and even when you're not). (Brit + Co)
20. Blackberry Sage Spritzers: Woodsy sage and tart blackberries are the perfect pairings for gin and soda water. It’s simple and the perfect way to usher out summer with a bang. (via 1-2 Simple Cooking)
Follow us on Pinterest for more refreshing cocktail ideas!
This article has been updated from a previous post.
- 3 Slow-Cooker Drinks to Heat Up Your Next Party - Brit + Co ›
- 16 Unique Mojito Recipes to Kick Off Happy Hour - Brit + Co ›
- America's Best Cities for Cocktails — and What to Drink Once You're ... ›
- 7 Captivating Books to Read This Labor Day Weekend - Brit + Co ›
- 14 Spring Mocktail Recipes - Brit + Co ›
Your relationship with your finances is one of the most important relationships you'll ever have, and you can't avoid it. That said, for many of us, the pandemic only added to our financial stress. If you find yourself feeling frazzled, just remember that financial insecurity isn't a net-worth issue — it's a mindset issue. And, we happen to have plenty of advice on how to turn your money mindset around so you can take charge of your funds once and for all.
To start, feeling secure begins with a strong foundation, and there's no better time than now to get started stacking the bricks. It's easy to get swept up in the January "new year, new me" mentality, but really? Any time is the right time to get yourself in order. You don't need to wait for a new year, a new moon, the right moment, or a sign from above. You don't even have to start on the first day of the month — you just need to start.
Introducing NerdWallet: A Safe and Reliable Money App
To help with that, we've put together a list of the just-right-for-you ways that NerdWallet can help you monitor your financial outlook. Haven't heard of them yet? NerdWallet is a personal finance company that helps consumers make smarter financial decisions. Their website and app let you compare different financial products, find articles and tools to make financial decisions with confidence, and keep tabs on your finances (hey there, credit score, I see you!) all in one place. Plus, NerdWallet has over 75,000 glowing reviews in the App Store (and a 4.8 star rating) if you want to read up on any more testimonials.
Tim Chen, NerdWallet's CEO and co-founder, started this financial journey in 2009 after his sister needed help finding a credit card. Even with an economics degree and a Wall Street background, it took awhile for Tim to find the right recommendation (so don't feel too bad when it takes you a while, too). Their mission is to bring clarity to all of life's financial decisions.
So it's safe to say that NerdWallet is a pretty good sherpa for your journey, too.
Get the most from your money
Did you know that the money you park in a savings account can lose value? Harsh, but true. If your money isn't earning interest that's on pace with inflation it will actually be worth less to you in the future. And if the bank charges fees? Forget about it. Make sure you're earning the interest you deserve and come out on top. NerdWallet has researched dozens of financial institutions to help consumers find the best options. The hard work has already been done for you, so you can just select the account that works best for you and your nest egg.
Keep an eye on everything, securely
Once everything is set up, tracking and managing your finances is what will keep the money machine running smoothly. You can create an account either through the site or the app and link your bank accounts, then keep tabs on all your finances in one place. Get a clear picture of your saving and spending, get insights into how to master your money, and even build your credit score all in one place.
Get extra credit points
Do you have the best credit card for your lifestyle? Some cards give cash back on every purchase, ones with travel perks, and ones that charge way less interest than you're paying now. NerdWallet takes the guesswork out of choosing the right credit card with simple side-by-side comparisons of different credit cards so that you feel confident choosing the right one. Whatever you want to do, NerdWallet can help you find the best credit card to get it done.
Know your options for settling down
Mortgage rates are pretty low and it looks like they're going to stay that way for awhile, so buying a home might be the move sooner than you think. But there's so much more to a mortgage than just the interest rate! To help you choose a mortgage lender, NerdWallet has in-depth reviews on multiple lenders in a mixture of categories so you get the home loan with the mortgage rate, term, and fees that's right for you.
Settle an old score
NerdWallet helps you monitor your credit score for free and helps you see how little things (like raising the limit on your credit card or paying your bills on time) can increase your score. NerdWallet partners with TransUnion® to provide your VantageScore® 3.0, based on information in your TransUnion® credit report. Your score and credit report information are updated weekly. But that's not even close to all:
- They provide you with tips from experts on how you could build or optimize your credit score
- You'll get a detailed look at your credit score and all the factors that go into it—your payment history, credit utilization, the age and type of accounts, balances, and any recent inquiries
- The credit simulator tool gives you an idea of how your credit score would change if you applied for a new credit card, closed your oldest credit card, or got a new auto loan
- You also get free, unlimited access to your credit report
When it comes to managing your money, safe and reliable is where it's at. Establishing a healthy relationship with your finances begins when you take control and practice habits that build wealth. Signing up just takes a few minutes. Set your intentions to build a solid financial foundation, it will only strengthen your relationship with your finances. And don't be afraid to get a little nerdy while you're at it.