Raise your hand if you’ve ever worn a bridesmaid dress you hated. Granted, the options have come a long way for bridal parties, but we’ve all still had our share of bad experiences — unflattering fabrics, ill-fitting gowns, colors that don’t really look good on anyone (why is taupe even a thing?). Plus, there’s the general discomfort of it all.
Well, who decided dresses have to be required wedding party attire anyway? Recently, we’ve noticed an uptick in alternative styles for ladies in waiting, and the most surprising finding? Rompers. Aside from being a super modern (and comfy) take on bridal fashion, a playsuit just makes it easier to get down — and isn’t that the best part of weddings, anyway? So if you’re in the market, take a scroll through nine of the most rad rompers out there now.
1. Needle & Thread Meadow Embellished Tulle Playsuit ($480): This beaded beauty strikes the right balance between fun and fancy. Covering up on top lets you tastefully show off those gams, plus the embellishment makes it super special.
2. Keepsake Lost Lover Romper ($185): Ruffles make any look party perfect. And in a more structured fabric, shorts feel totally evening-appropriate.
3. Lavish Alice Tailored Romper With Satin Lapel ($103): Who says tuxes are just for dudes? This feminine take on groomswear is chic and sexy AF.
4. Alice McCall Arizona Playsuit ($360): Lace? Check. Tiered statement sleeves? Check. This onesie is dramatic, dressy, and whimsical all at the same time — perfect for summertime nuptials.
5. Majorelle Havana Romper ($196): For a romantic meets low-key casual vibe, this mint green eyelet number hits all the right notes. Wear it with heels and statement jewels for the wedding, then pair with flat sandals for your vacay!
7. Lovers + Friends Josephine Romper ($71): Lace is the ultimate wedding fabric and black looks great on everyone. A touch of sheer in just the right places means no bra required.
8. Paper London Bow Romper ($545): As girly as it gets, pink looks grown-up and sophisticated in tailored taffeta.
9. Yumi Kim Best Day Lace Romper ($139): Island wedding, anyone? This poppy red lace style gives the look of separates but with a one-stop-shop upgrade.
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.