The Must-Have Accessory for Fall Is One You Already Own
Runway beauty trends tend to range from the wearable to the wacky. While it’s always fun to check out the wilder styles designers send out at shows, they’re hardly ever practical. Luckily, the top hair trend this season is totally doable — and one you may actually already have in your closet. A black ribbon made its way down the catwalks at Tory Burch, Marchesa, and more. Even better: No tutorial required!
1. Tory Burch: In varied fabrics like satin and velvet, the girly hair bow got a grown-up makeover this Fashion Month, including this ladylike, slightly undone execution from Tory Burch. (Photo via Slaven Vlasic/Getty Images for Tory Burch)
2. Philosophy di Lorenzo Serafini: What’s the beauty trick these designers all had in common? Understated hair that kept the ribbons sophisticated (hair bows can go from 0 to childish like that). Like a lower ponytail with a simple part, á la Philosophy di Lorenzo Serafini. (Photo via Tristan Fewings/Getty)
3. Rochas: In Paris, Rochas topped off their sleek ‘dos with small, sharp bows. Super chic and minimal, these accents are just right for adding a hint of femininity to any look. (Photo via Vittorio Zunino Celotto/Getty)
4. Temperley London: Temperley London’s ribbons were tied around headband style, looped in the back over a half-up do. This look has a total boho-meets-ballet vibe, and is ideal if you like to keep some locks flowing free. (Photo via Stuart C. Wilson/Getty)
5. Marchesa: Marchesa’s bow babes were also simple in front with a deep, sleek side part. The oversized ribbon added high drama in the back, for extra Marchesa-ness. The takeaway? If you like it, you should put a bow on it. Runway realness is literally just a fabric store away. (Photo via Neilson Barnard/Getty Images for New York Fashion Week: The Shows)
Want more runway inspo? Follow us on Pinterest!