18 Gorgeous Ways to Use Giant Letter Balloons at Your Wedding
Regardless of the theme you’ve picked out for your wedding, you can always do with festive balloons to spruce up your decor. Take it further and give your special day a personalized touch with giant balloon letters. Spell out everything from you and your beau’s names to celebratory exclamations and sentimental messages. Whatever statement you want to make, these giant letter balloons will help your vision come to life. Scroll on for 18 ways to seriously *elevate* your wedding decor.
1. Balloon Arch: Whether it serves as a ceremony backdrop or reception decor, a balloon arch will spruce things up. Get the look by using a floral wire garland as a frame to tie your balloon letters on. (via Anneli Marinovich / Ruffled)
2. XOXO: You and your beau use it to sign off your texts whenever you’re feeling a li’l mushy, so why not bring it into your wedding decor? The X’s and O’s will add a sweet and personalized touch, whether they’re hanging on the wall or from strings. (via Lauren Conrad)
3. OhShinyPaperCo CHEERS Letter Balloons ($47): Before you both ride off into the sunset, make sure your car looks the part. Pimp it out with giant balloon letters, colorful tassels and a greenery garland to top it all off.
4. Congrats: Even after you say “I do,” it might take a “congrats” to make it feel real. Get the festivities started with celebratory-themed balloons like this giant CONGRATS message. (via Be Crafty)
5. Sip Sip: You can bet the bar will be one of the most popular spots of the night. Make sure it looks its best with a stylish sign made of balloons. Think: “Sip Sip Hooray” or “Champs.” (via Swooned)
6. OhShinyPaperCo Best Day Ever Balloons ($35+): You and your soul mate have just sealed the deal. Of course, it’s the best day ever! Balloons like these would make an awesome photo booth backdrop.
7. Love Balloons: Love is in the air, so the next step is to make it tangible. And these giant golden letter balloons nail it! Display them in an arch, like pictured, for guests to walk under or take photos beneath. (via Christine Skari Photography / Wedding Chicks)
9. Beau Coup Mylar Balloon Banner ($17): Your wedding is a day for serious celebration. Channel those cheery vibes with a set of HOORAY balloons. Throw in a colorful tassel garland and pom-poms for a full-blown fiesta.
10. PartyPresentation Foil “SWEETS” Balloon Kit ($24): You can bet guests will have no problem locating the dessert table with this flashy sign. Festive, fun *and* practical is the way to do it.
11. OhShinyPaperCo BRIDE Letter Balloons ($15+): These bride balloons are ideal for the bridal shower or letting guests know where to sit at the ceremony. Complete the set by also getting one for the groom’s side of the family.
12. SweetTeaPaper LOVE Script Balloons ($18): This dainty script balloon gives a softer, more romantic touch that still pops (well actually, hopefully not). Make sure your guests get an eyeful by displaying it where they can’t miss it — say, the buffet table or photo booth.
14. OhShinyPaperCo Mr & Mrs Letter Balloons ($18+): These “Mr & Mrs” letter balloons could not be any cuter. Hang them off the back of your chairs or display it on the wall behind your sweetheart table for all to see.
15. Reception Backdrop: The wall behind your reception table won’t need additional sprucing up if you plan on using giant gold letter balloons to spell out both your names. They’re a flashy yet still classy way to highlight that space. (via E.P. Love / Green Wedding Shoes)
16. Cake Balloons: Rather than using traditional signs, use giant balloon letters to direct guests to specific tables and spaces. Label the important areas like your bar, bathrooms and wedding gifts. (via Apryl Ann Photography / Emily Holt)
17. The Wedding Outlet XOXO Silver Balloon Kit ($14+): Decorate the backs of your guests’ chairs with X’s and O’s. The simple embellishment will be all that’s needed to step up your decor.
18. OhShinyPaperCo XO Balloons ($16): This giant, golden pair of floating X and O deserves a place at your wedding photo booth. These props will guarantee some stunning wedding photos.
How do you plan on using giant letter balloons at your wedding? Follow us on Pinterest for more creative wedding decor ideas!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Pocket doors are so delightful in and of themselves. They appear when you need them, get tucked away when you don't, and make it easy to define rooms while keeping an open floor plan. Add to the pocket door a joyful patterned wallpaper surprise, and you will be sent right into fits of visual jubilation! Or something ;) Today we're sharing two simple and impactful pocket door makeovers that zhuzh up your space in a jiffy.
Anjelika Temple here, co-founder of Brit + Co and proud owner of several pocket doors! When I moved into my first real grown-up house a couple years ago, I knew I wanted to incorporate wallpaper so reached out to our friends at Chasing Paper to see how we might collaborate. It felt like a total lightbulb moment when I realized I could create a surprise pop of pattern on a couple sets of pocket doors.
Not only is it a whimsical way to bring color into a space, but the doors double as picture-perfect backdrops for all your SFH (selfies from home, obvs).
A few pro tips about install:
- Removable wallpaper is miraculously forgiving! You can take it on and off multiple times without it losing integrity (or mucking up your surface).
- I ordered this adhesive wallpaper installation kit with a squeegee and xacto knife and it worked super well. I also recommend a sharp pair of scissors for cutting longer lines.
- This is a two-person job! Get a friend, put on a playlist, and get ready to bond.
- Wild, organic patterns like Tally are great because it's challenging to spot any imperfections in pattern alignment; keep pattern choice in mind if you've got a lot of corners to match up. More geometric patterns and larger shapes leave less room for error (but are awesome in their own right!).
BATHROOM POCKET DOORS
In our primary bathroom, we chose the wallpaper pattern Tally, designed by Kelly Ventura, in White and Navy. In our space, the navy reads as a soft black, which is perfect for the space. It's easy to combine an ever-rotating collection of linens with the Tally pattern.
I love how the white trim becomes the perfect frame around this pocket door piece of art.
My favorite moment in this space is the fact that you actually get a third pop of pattern thanks to our serendipitously placed mirror!
And yes, this one works pretty darn well as a backdrop too ;)
LIVING ROOM DOUBLE DOORS
This set of doors is definitely a focal point of our home. It separates our living room from our primary bedroom which opens onto our backyard. The doors are pretty much always open, but when they're closed we wanted to evoke a fun, nature-inspired vibe. With that in mind, we selected the Lines and Moons pattern by Thimblepress in Green and Brown.
Earth mama vibes up in here! I love how the shapes and colors echo the ferns you see through the windows and the acorn wood details throughout the house.
Love this pattern moment, and xacto-ing out the door handle is def on the oddly satisfying DIY list.
For a pattern lover like me, I love that now I have this instant photo backdrop!
Thanks to Chasing Paper for providing these rolls of pure pattern amazingness. Head to chasingpaper.com to find our own favorites and start adding patterns to your home!
(Wallpaper wingwoman: Kayla Haykin; Photography: Kurt Andre)