20 Creative Balloon DIYs to Rock at Your Summer Party
No matter what kind of party you’re planning to throw this summer, you can always do with festive balloons to spruce up your decor. Be it a cactus-themed fiesta or a grown-up pizza party, the creative balloon decorations below will take your party to new heights — literally. No need to bring on the creepy clowns and balloon animals, you can do it all by yourself! Get ready to gather up those craft supplies and take your shindig sky-high with these decor ideas.
1. DIY Gem Balloons: These gorgeous floating gems are just the decorations you need to dazzle your party guests. Whether it’s a bridal shower or a 30th birthday bash, these vibrant gemstone balloons will glam it up. (via Studio DIY / Balloontime)
2. DIY Cactus Balloons: With so many festivals taking place in the desert, it’s no surprise that summer (aka festival season) sees cacti-themed parties popping up left and right. To join in on the festival spirit, pair these cacti balloons with palm fronds and you’ll have a desert oasis party in no time. (via Design Improvised)
3. DIY Cotton Candy Balloons: Who can say no to cotton candy? Add some of the pink fluff to your party decor with these cotton candy balloons for extra sweet vibes. It’s a sure fit for a carnival or dessert-themed celebration. (via Aww Sam)
4. DIY Donut Balloons: Aside from the donut garlands and pool floats, you have to rock donut balloons for a donut party to be legit. Check out some of these other donut party accessories to go all out. (via Studio DIY)
5. DIY Fruit Slice Balloons: These chic fruit slice balloons are surprisingly easy to make, which is always good news! To get the look, decorate foil balloons with tissue paper pieces using spray adhesive. (via Studio DIY)
6. DIY Fruity Balloon Straws: Top those fruity drinks off with appropriately themed fruit straw toppers. You can use mini water balloons to create everything from fruity drink toppers to fruity balloon necklaces for each of your guests to wear. (via A Joyful Riot)
8. DIY Flower Balloons: Flowers are always a nice way to spruce up a plain-looking space. Liven up your party furnishings with these marbled flower balloons, which you can make out of these Celebrate It Multicolor Marble Balloons ($3). Simply blow each of them up, attach them together like petals in a flower, and it’s as simple as that!
9. DIY Mini Ice Cream Cone Balloon Sticks: These mini ice cream cone balloon sticks aren’t just super adorable party decorations. Hand them out to each one of your friends at the end of the night as fun party favors they’re sure to love. (via Oh Happy Day)
10. DIY Piñata Balloons: Depending entirely on the color scheme, these fringed-out balloons can look ready for a fiesta or bohemian soireé. Go for bold and vibrantly colored tissue paper fringes like the ones on these balloons for a piñata-like look, or choose earthy + pastel hues for an ethereal appeal. (via Design Improvised)
11. DIY Balloon Flower Numbers: You can spell anything out with balloons! Or you can make anything out of them: shapes, numbers, letters — the list goes on. To make your decorations really pop, throw another element (preferably textured) into the mix like flowers or tassels. (via A Joyful Riot)
12. DIY Pizza Balloons: If pizza’s got a special place in your heart, you’ve gotta make these cheesy pizza balloons. Get creative with your pizza toppings and you’ll have DIY balloons everyone’s gonna want a slice of. (via Aww Sam)
13. DIY Unicorn Balloons: Planning a unicorn party? Don’t forget to add these magical DIY unicorn balloons into the mix to really bring out those whimsical vibes. A generous dose of glitter wouldn’t hurt either!
14. DIY Birthday Cookie Balloon Place Cards: As nice as floating balloons can be, these mini balloon place cards are pretty much awesome. Whether you choose to display them on cookies or plop them into drinks, these tiny balloons are just what’s needed to liven up your table setting. (via A Joyful Riot)
15. DIY Cacti Balloons: If you’re really digging the look of cactus balloons, use those creative juices to whip up a variety of cacti. Before you know it, you and your party guests will feel like you’ve been teleported into a DIY desert. (via Christian Hagemann Photography / Sarah Illenberger)
16. DIY Balloon and Flower Garland: Store-bought garlands won’t stand a chance next to this piece of extravagant decor. Made of balloons and faux flowers pieced together using baker’s twine, this lovely hanging decoration is much simpler to make than it appears. (via Little Inspiration)
17. DIY Balloon Wall: Designate where the party’s at with balloon-made walls. You can also use these balloon clusters to frame your doorways for an easy way to make guests feel a little more special each time they pass through those embellished doors. (via The House That Lars Built)
18. DIY Stuffed Balloon Animals: These party animals are sure to brighten up your child’s birthday festivities. Consider using these weighted balloon animals as festive table centerpieces, or perhaps hang ’em on a string as a unique garland. (via Little Inspiration)
19. DIY Balloon Embellishments: No matter what kind of balloons you decide to go with, make sure their corresponding garlands are up to par. Choose from colorful ribbons, fringe-y tassels or a string of pom poms. The possibilities are endless! (via A Beautiful Mess)
20. DIY Floral Balloon Tassel: This gorgeous floral tassel is the perfect way to introduce elegance to your party’s decor. Pair with a simple white balloon for an effortlessly sophisticated look. (via Green Wedding Shoes)
How will you DIY balloons for your summer party? Follow us on Pinterest for more party ideas and inspo!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)