26 Fashionable Fall Buys That Won’t Break the Bank
Lazy beach days, endless weekend adventures and seemingly endless ice cream cones (you’ve got to live a little!) — there are a lot of things to love about summer. The only bummer? It can do a serious number on your wallet, which is a total nightmare for any fashion-loving femme who is in the market for a few new fall threads. Killer style isn’t, luckily, reserved solely for those with deep pockets and six-figure salaries. There are plenty of fab fall must-haves on the market that won’t threaten your bottom line. Translation: There’s a whole host of fall accessories, swoon-inducing steppers (hello, velvet shoes), cozy sweaters and Insta-worthy outerwear just waiting to be added to your #OOTD lineup. Scroll on for 26 chic finds under $150 to add to your fall capsule wardrobestat.
1. Zara Metallic Accordion Pleat Skirt ($70): It’s time to part ways with that tired pencil skirt and embrace this season’s sassiest round-the-clock essential: the metallic pleat skirt. Be it a date with the dance floor or a big business lunch, this quicksilver stunner always delivers. Ruffle neck blouses and suede pumps make it office-appropriate, while dramatic drop earrings and leather jackets take it straight into after-hours territory.
2. Mango Velvet Blazer ($150): Givenchy, Rochas and Stella McCartney might not be in the budget this year (you’ll get there one day, girl), but you can still keep those velvet dreams alive thanks to the high street. This DDG find is straight-up goals with its dramatic mustard hue and oversized styling that screams androgynous chic. Layer it over a floral slip dress, turtleneck and lace-up booties for a desk-to-drinks getup that is ready to break down sartorial barriers.
3. Georgia Perry Frida Kahlo Lapel Pin ($20): Take a pop culture approach to fall, trading out more refined embellishments (think: statement studs, sleek chokers, etc) for sassy pins that’ll add a much-needed punch of color and personality to cool weather basics like oversized sweaters and knit beanies.
4. Reformation Piper Top ($78): Calling all cool girls! We may have just found the top that will put your tried-and-true Breton stripes to shame. Take style notes from Gigi Hadid and co. and team a rib knit choker top with high waisted jeans and classy lady duster jacket for an errand-running ensemble that has more than its fair share of wear-anywhere potential.
5. Levi’s 501 CT Jeans ($90): There are a million ways to wear denim this season, but there’s nothing quite like a pair of relaxed fit jeans. Saturday morning coffee runs and pumpkin picking call for laid-back bottoms like this. The only thing missing: a snuggly poncho and burgundy wingtips.
6. Madewell Flannel Classic Ex-Boyfriend Shirt in Akiva Plaid ($82): You can’t talk about fall style without mentioning plaid. The two just go hand in hand. With its easy fit, super soft fabric and lazy girl-approved styling, it’s a shoo-in for tailgating and frolicking through the fall leaves. Just style alongside a utility jacket, cropped jeans and a felt fedora, and you’re good to go.
7. ASOS Curve Cocoon Cardigan ($52): When it comes to cuddly sweaters, one simply isn’t enough, especially when too-cool climes are the norm in your neck of the woods. Unleash your inner lazy girl and shed your HR-approved attire in favor of a ribbed cocoon cardigan and joggers (and might we suggest a pair of shearling-lined slippers) for a night of Netflix and hot apple cider.
8. Jeffrey Campbell Faux Fur Apfel Loafer ($125): Enter the fabulous flats you’ll be seeing all over your Insta feed this season. Do like the It girls do and wear them with cropped kick flares, oversized button downs and statement outerwear for effortless style that only looks expensive.
9. J.Crew Utility Dress ($98): Military-inspired style is sweeping the streets, offering a don’t-mess alternative to flirty frocks and bohemian duds. Need a kick in the pants to get you through the work week? Enlist this utility dress in your arsenal. It’s the cool-and-quick outfit you’ve been dreaming of for those I-can’t-even mornings that happen a little too often. Balance out the tough-girl edge with sassy lace-ups or of-the-moment ballerinas.
10. Sole Society “Blackwood” Faux Leather Bucket Bag ($60): Masur Gavriel might be your jam, but you’ll be sitting on that waitlist a little bit longer, or at least until those student loans start paying for themselves. Fake it ’til you make it with a bow-tie drawstring bag that is just as chic as the original. Mix it up midweek by tying a bright silk scarf around the handle, or snag one in burgundy too!
11. Endless Rose Ruffle Sleeve Mock Neck Sweater ($84): Who says neutrals can’t be cool? Tiered ruffle sleeves and a mock neck lend an otherwise average knit a major RN edge. Assert yourself as office best dressed by pairing it with belted high-waisted trousers and block-heel mules, or play it cool off the clock with black overalls and silver Oxfords.
12. Monki Trench Coat ($105): Can it even be considered fall without a streamlined trench in tow? For a well-rounded wardrobe this season, upgrade your classic khaki number with a dramatic shade of forest green — a Pantone-approved color, no less — that would look ah-ma-zing with a floral midi dress and espresso pointed-toe boots.
13. Mango Faceted Stone Earrings ($20): Keeping all eyes on you is as easy as popping on these evil eye earrings. A messy bun and bold lips are a must — these bad boys were meant to be shown off.
14. Free People Modern Cuff Layering Top ($40): Playing the layering game is all part of fall, and let’s just say this burnt orange number does it particularly well. Bust it out with a button-front corduroy skirt, ’70s-inspired flares or a mod pinafore for weekend shenanigans — no matter how you wear it, it won’t disappoint.
15. Vans Sk8-Hi Slim ($65): A trend that everyone can get in on? We’re so down. Sneakers have taken over for pumps and lace-up flats as the reigning It-girl stepper for fall and winter. They go well beyond your laid-back adventures, adding an element of cool contrast to feminine frocks and streamlined suits. Consider this permission to leave those “commuting” shoes at home — these two-tone numbers have you covered.
16. ASOS Cord Original High Waist Skirt Washed Pink ($46): An A-line skirt will serve you right from now until, well forever, which is reason enough to add one to your repertoire. Whether you’ve headed BTS or just need to hit refresh on your off-the-clock uniform, this playful pink style is perfect for pairing with your fave turtleneck and a fresh pair of sneaks.
17. BDG Twig High-Rise Vegan Leather Pant ($79): This just in: Scoring a seriously sleek pair of leather-look trousers doesn’t have to mean emptying your bank account. This cropped set can be styled a million and one ways, so the cost per wear is definitely in your favor. For a look that says downtown cool with uptown elegance, take style cues from Alexa Chung and try wearing them with a bow-neck blouse and next-level Mary Janes.
18. Charles & Keith Tasseled Box Bag ($79): Achieve Instababe status with this boxy cross-body bag, featuring sleek gold finishings and a swingy chain tassel, that calls for a slinky slip dress and party-ready velvet heels. Not a fan of the ‘90s look? Team it with a clean-cut jumpsuit and d’Orsay pumps for a getup that has modern muse written all over it.
19. Target x Who What Wear Mock Neck Tunic ($25): Combat too-cold cubicles and brisk autumn air with a nine-to-five uniform essential that will never steer you wrong. It can be layered effortlessly over a button-down and jacquard trousers for a casual client meeting, or tossed on with treggings for a low-key weekend spent brunching and boutique hopping (the dream). If extra polish is what you’re after, strap on a metal belt and watch as the compliments come rolling in.
20. Article & Ayumi Bomber ($89): As if there was any question — the bomber is the must-have topper of the season. Featuring bright embroidery and tri-tone panels, this satin topper is a bonafide conversation starter. Whether you’re meeting up with friends for post-work drinks or heading to the big game, it can easily be dressed up or down, racking up major points for versatility. Just be sure to top it off with a structured satchel and Man-Repeller-approved arm party.
21. Finery Freeda Circle Stick Triple Studd Pack ($39): There’s nothing blasé about these geometric studs that exude hot-off-the-runway appeal. They’re the fall accessory you didn’t know you needed, coming in at a close second to saddlebags and ballerinas. Toss them on with a cold shoulder sweater and knotted slides for an elevated lazy-girl look.
22. Target x Who What Wear Plus Size Pajama Shirt Dress ($37): Pajamas are typically frowned upon at the office, but we’re willing to bet you’ll score some serious brownie points with HR when you sashay into the office in this pj-inspired dress. This adorable polka dot number looks best teamed with a silk scarf and classic black ankle boots.
23. Mango Patent Sock Boots ($100): Snuggly oversized sweaters for fall? Check. Velvet dress with grunge goddess edge? Check. Ankle boots with attitude? Triple check. Consider these patent sock boots your secret weapon this season, the one piece you can slip on to take a snoozy ensemble into double-tap overdrive. Be it an intimate exhibition at a local gallery or a networking event, they’ll serve as street style bait no matter what’s on the agenda.
24. Vanessa Mooney Rose Ribbon Choker Necklace ($33): The ‘90s fever continues into the new season with a floral ribbon choker that’s about to become your stylish new sidekick. Team it with a velvet swing dress and Dr. Martens for an upcoming harvest party potluck.
25. Forever 21 Ornate Studded Skinny Belt ($6): You don’t have to layer on fringe and prairie florals to infuse your everyday look with a hint of Western flair. Cinch this cowboy-inspired belt around a sleek shift dress or minimalist tunic, then proceed to style alongside snakeskin boots and a sultry smokey eye.
26. Uniqlo Heattech High Rise Leggings Pants ($40): Comfort and class DO go hand in hand, thanks to a clever fusion of lazy-girl leggings and girlboss trousers that will totally redefine your work week. Do the whole adulting thing your way, and wear these burgundy beauties with an oversized pinstriped blazer, graphic tee and platform bluchers for a look that’s cool and corporate AF.
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.