18 Fall Must-Haves for Girls Who Love Color
Capsule wardrobes are key for combatting mid-season style ruts and closet conundrums, but if you’re a diehard color lover through and through, you might feel a little restricted by the prospect of a pared-down collection with a preference for neutral hues. But there’s good news: Capsule wardrobes aren’t just for the modern minimalist — color enthusiasts can totally get in on the action too, rainbow basics and all. To get you started on your new sartorial journey, we’ve curated a list of timeless and trend-right fall jackets, shoes and It-girl-approved bags that you can use as a guide to get your own 37-piece capsule in gear.
1. Zara Handmade Wool Coat ($169): Take a peek at the to-die-for topper you’ll be pulling out on the regular when the cool weather starts to settle in. The cotton-candy color and menswear-inspired styling strike the perfect balance of feminine and fashion-forward, making it a must for both off-duty adventures and your morning commute.
2. Mango Mixed Pieces Earrings ($20): Don’t even think about heading into fall without a few new baubles in your jewelry box. Pull out all the stops with this bright geometric pair that will instantly elevate your everyday tee-and-jeans routine. Toss on some streamlined shades and an oversized sweater for a cozy-girl look that feels light-years ahead of the sartorial curve.
3. BDG Margot Chino High-Rise Culotte Pant ($69): Step aside, everyday denim — you’ve had your 15 seconds of fame! These chartreuse culottes are the real deal. Whether you’re headed to the office or a casual dinner party at your bestie’s abode, these haute bottoms will never disappoint. Pair them with a rib knit top, velvet kicks and modern hoops for a decidedly throwback getup with endless RN appeal.
4. River Island Floral Print Mini Skirt ($49): Don’t hide those gorgeous gams away just yet. Fall florals and a flattering A-line silhouette make the perfect partners to an arsenal of cozy knits and show-stopping ankle boots this season. Channel your inner mod goddess a la next-level Mary Janes and a perfectly applied cat eye.
5. Anthropologie Freshgarden Oblong Scarf ($78): We can’t decide what we love more, the bright floral print or the endless layering potential this oversized scarf brings to the table. When cold fronts and cool breezes start to settle in, pop this pretty wrap on with a wool fedora and embroidered sweater for an effortless outfit that will chase those new-season blues away.
6. Tularosa Nala Blouse ($140): Whether you work it as a layering piece or rock it solo with ‘70s-inspired flares, this statement stripe blouse is guaranteed to win you some serious points in the style department. Pointed-toe ankle boots and top-handle sacs are highly encouraged.
7. Finery Claybrook Leather Slingbacks With Studs ($199): High octane color and heavy metal accents unite, creating a set of show-stopping slingbacks that aren’t messing around. Equal parts edgy and elegant, they’ll lend a much-needed punch of panache to everything from cropped jeans to snuggly sweater dresses.
8. Loopy Mango Her Turtleneck ($650): Yes, it’s a splurge, and a big one at that, but the allure of a hand-knit sweater (especially one made on good ol’ ‘murican soil) can’t be denied. Did you take a good look at that spicy pink hue? Swoon. When skies have you feeling blue, this scene-stealing number will send those good vibes into motion.
9. Mango Leather Biker Jacket ($200): Can a capsule wardrobe even be considered complete without a leather jacket in the ranks? Take style notes from every fashionable femme out there by investing in a sleek biker style in a cool shade of petrol blue for fall layering at its best. You can style it with knit turtlenecks and jeans or toss it over a flowy floral dress for that undeniable tough-girl edge.
10. H&M Short Dress ($25): Send wardrobe blahs packing with this sporty zip-front dress that calls for a messy topknot and statement sneakers. The A-line silhouette and athleisure aesthetic combine for the ultimate fusion of cozy and chic that will straight-up slay whether you’re heading to the big game or boutique hopping around town.
11. Drake’s for J.Crew Pajama Top in Green Bengal Tiger ($198): From lounging around your apartment to schmoozing at cocktail parties and getting your girlboss on, there’s nothing this vibrant pajama top can’t do. The bright retro print has those one-of-a-kind vibes and would look ah-mazing with leather culottes or layered over a metallic slip dress.
12. Urban Outfitters Diamond Net Tight ($14): We hate to be the bearers of bad news, but tights season is (sadly) upon us. Instead of looking at it as the departure of dreamy beach days and balmy temps, why not view it as an opportunity to take your style game to the next level? Case in point: these bomb blue tights that are practically begging to be paired with button-front skirts and swingy graphic dresses. Stand out for all the right reasons by pairing them with a metallic midi skirt and statement steppers for a day-to-night look that doesn’t mess around.
13. Topshop Portugal Limited Edition Boot ($190): We can’t stop staring. Show-stopping shoes are the cornerstone of every OMG-worthy #OOTD — and these stunners are no exception. Between the artsy print and edgy flared heel, they’ll be raking in double taps like it ain’t no thing.
14. Free People Cora Top ($58): Enter the retro-inspired rib knit top that can be styled a thousand and one ways. Style it with pinstripe trousers and asymmetric earrings for the office, or toss it on alongside an airy maxi skirt and lace-up boots for instant bohemian charm.
15. Nike Women’s Blazer Mid Suede Vintage Sneaker ($100): When you’re not pounding the pavement in a RN pair of block-heeled pumps, let your inner lazy girl shine with suede sneaks that are straight-up #goals. Tap into your inner It girl by styling them alongside midi dresses and luxe longline coats for a runway-ready look that’s ready to take the streets by storm.
16. Siyu Merida Plaid Wool Cape ($368): A cool-weather topper with this much flair must be shown off — and we’re talking all day, every day, y’all. With its swingy silhouette and vibrant plaid print, it packs enough personality to set your style apart, whether you’re sipping espresso at your fave coffee spot or apple picking with your crew.
17. & Other Stories Saddle Stitch Leather Shoulder Bag ($245): Get the most bang for your buck this season by adding this sleek saddle bag to your lineup stat. The ruby red hue is right on cue for fall, while the structured silhouette and roomy interior make it ideal for toting around all your everyday essentials all season long. For max perfection, style it with a knit midi dress, bomber jacket and cutout ankle boots.
18. Pared Koni & Kaftans Cat-Eye Shades ($210): Lounging by the pool probably won’t be on your to-do list much longer, but that’s no reason to step into the new season without a sick pair of sunnies. Pop these puppies on with a biker jacket, high-waisted trousers and platform kicks to send those badass vibes into overdrive.
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.