10 Cactus Beauty Products to Keep You Moisturized All Season Long
Remember those freezing cold days not that long ago when we all yearned for some sun? Yeah, neither do we. With temps at peak sizzle, your skin may already be feeling dry as a desert. But maybe it’s time to take a cue from something that actually thrives in an arid atmosphere: Cactus. Yes, we’re all familiar with the many hydrating and healing benefits of aloe, but there’s also cactus water and prickly pear extract to offer scorched skin some major moisture-boosting relief. Find it in the soothing and hydrating beauty products below.
1. Boscia Cactus Water Hydrating Cream ($38): With essence from the “Queen of the Night” cactus, this lightweight hydrator adjusts to changing temps to hold in moisture even when the air is really dry — without feeling sticky or heavy on your skin.
2. Huxley Secret of Sahara Grab Water Essence ($58): Prickly pear seed oil, vitamin E, acai berry, quinoa, and yerba mate replenish thirsty skin with max moisture and antioxidants, while peppermint helps cool skin.
3. Babor Chill Out Hemp & Peace Ampoules ($30): Use one vial per day for seven days, and the cactus, aloe, and hemp seed oil will help treat your stressed-out, tired-looking skin.
4. Youth To The People Superberry Hydrate and Glow Oil ($44): Antioxidant-rich maqui (it has the most antioxidants of any fruit in the world!), hydrating prickly pear, acai, and goji are like a juice boost for your complexion. This buy will protect and revive without leaving your face greasy in the heat.
5. Glo Skin Beauty Hydra Radiance Moisturizer ($50): If the sun is making your hyper-pigmentation worse, first off, grab some sunscreen! Then, even things out with this nopal cactus-infused cream that ramps up cell turnover to brighten your face.
6. MAKE Succulent Mist ($25): Prickly pear, aloe, and hyaluronic acid make for a trifecta of skin-hydrating goodness that also protects your face and bod from pollution.
7. Urb Apothecary Cactus Face Polish ($26): Nopal cactus pad powder sloughs away dry, dead skin without being too abrasive. Leave it on as a mask for a few minutes when you need a moisture boost.
8. Redken All Soft Mega Hydramelt ($19): If a day at the beach leaves your strands dry and brittle, slather on this hydrating cream loaded with both aloe and cactus extract to pump life back into parched hair.
9. Kiehl’s Cactus Flower & “Tibetan Ginseng” Hyrdating Mist ($27): Use it as a makeup setter or on bare skin when you need a quick refresh. The blend of cactus flower and essential oils helps skin breathe better without letting out much-needed moisture.
10. Soapwalla The Balm Concentrated Repair Balm ($64): If a sunburn gets the best of you, slather on this prickly pear-laced product to cool things down.
Follow us on Pinterest for more beauty inspo and info.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.