Summer is almost here (yay), but with every pool party and backyard BBQ comes a slew of warm-weather hair and makeup problems that stand between you and low-key slayage. The time has come to reach for the best and brightest that the beauty industry has to combat those dreaded cases of summer frizz, sweats, and running makeup. Whether it’s finding the perfect waterproof, long-lasting liner that won’t smudge halfway down your face midday or a foundation that you can trust to stay put in 85-degree heat, there are some game-changing heat-proof beauty products out there that you need to stock up on now.
1. Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner ($22): This kohl liner gives you about 30 seconds to style and smoke out the color as you wish. But after application, it won’t budge all. Day. Long.
2. Kjaer Weis Bronzer ($56): This convenient combo of contour cream for ladies with lighter complexions and bronzer for darker skin tones will deliver summer shine in a snap. Featuring ingredients like sweet almond oil for hydration, anti-aging Jojoba seed oil, and beeswax for protection, it maintains your faux post-vacation glow long after you’ve returned from the beach.
3. Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush ($29): Created with Amazonian clay, oily and dry skin types will love this blush formula as it helps to both control oil and nourish/hydrate the skin. Even 12 hours after application, your cheeks will still boast that perfect flush.
4. Amika Heat Defense Serum ($30): Though we love soaking in the summer sun, we aren’t exactly head over heels for the inevitable hair damage it can cause. Not only does this nutrient-rich elixir protect your locks against the perils of at-home heat styling, but it also prevents moisture loss, frizz, and sun damage to your strands.
5. Marc Jacobs Under(cover) Perfecting Coconut Face Primer ($44): The secret to long-lasting makeup is a perfectly prepped face. After your daily skin care routine, continue hydrating and smoothing your complexion with this refreshing primer boosted with coconut.
6. Too Faced Shadow Insurance Anti-Crease Eyeshadow Primer ($20): Your eyeshadow is in it for the long haul when you prep with this primer that transforms it into long-wearing, waterproof color for up to 24 hours.
7. It Cosmetics Tightline Waterproof 3-in-1 Black Primer ($24): Get undeniably luxe and lush lashes with this cult fave formula that works as a primer, mascara, and eyeliner all at once. The skinny wand gets up close and personal with your root to apply long-lasting, waterproof formula in between each lash for an instant tightline.
8. Make Up For Ever Duo Mat Foundation ($34): Even the oiliest of skin types is no match for this foundation powder. Worn alone or on top of your liquid foundation, it adds just the right amount of fool-proof coverage to keep your skin matte (without being dull) all hours of the day and well into the night, no matter how hot it gets.
9. Supergoop! Defense Refresh Setting Mist With Rosemary SPF 50 ($28): We love a good multitasking product, and this mattifying, makeup-setting, sun-protecting spray is at the top of our list. After you apply your makeup, simply spritz to simultaneously control shine and protect against harmful UV rays. Done and done.