Feeling a little extra groggy? We hear you. Daylight saving time started yesterday, so you’ll probably notice that peeps are moving slowly and might not look as bright-eyed and bushy-tailed as usual. Thankfully, there’s a little thing called caffeine that’s here to save the day. No, we’re not talking about your morning cup of joe (although that’s good too). Caffeine-infused skincare and beauty products are the key to tackling lackluster skin after losing an hour (or more) of sleep.
“Caffeine is a very powerful antioxidant which can reduce free-radical and reactive oxygen species damage to the skin, which both helps reduce premature aging of the skin and skin cancer,” according to Dr. Neal Schultz, board certified MD, NYC dermatologist, and creator of BeautyRX by Dr. Schultz. Caffeine can help reduce redness, puffiness, and inflammation, so it’s a total skin-savior if you’re looking to seriously calm your skin down. Get ready to give your mind, body, and complexion a much-needed jolt with these nine products.
1. Artnaturals Arabica Coffee Scrub ($13): The smell of fresh coffee in the morning is an instant way to jump-start your day, and this coffee scrub takes that concept to the next level. Slather it onto your skin to exfoliate, reduce the appearance of cellulite and varicose veins, fade dark spots, and clear up acne.
2. Nyakio Kenyan Coffee Lip Polish ($24): Founder Nyakio Greico created this product with a certain family member in mind. Her grandmother, a Kenyan coffee farmer, would massage crushed coffee beans onto her skin to scrub away dull, dry skin. Greico’s version contains shea butter, coffee seed oil, avocado oil, and more to gently reveal a super smooth pucker.
3. S.W. Basics Oil Serum ($29): A tired complexion gets perked up thanks to wildcrafted coffee, turmeric, avocado, and geranium oils. Pat it onto your skin after washing your face or mix it in with your oil cleanser and you’ll have hydrated, balanced skin.
4. 100% Pure Coffee Bean Caffeine Eye Cream ($25): Puffiness, dark circles, and fine lines around the eye are instantly calmed with this brightening cream. It’s boosted with green tea and coffee, which help to increase circulation and make your eyes look like you got your full eight hours of sleep.
5. Frank Body Glow Mask ($22): This coffee mask allows you to get your glow on in five minutes flat. Shea and cocoa butter along with goji berry extract and cranberry and raspberry seed oils help deliver a lit-from-within glow.
6. Milk Makeup Cooling Water ($24): Apply this cooling product all over your face, neck, and body to serve up serious moisture to your skin — the rolling motion in which you apply it helps with circulation too, so you’ll have a nice, natural glow. Pop it in the fridge for extra chill vibes!
7. Origins GinZing Energy-Boosting Treatment Lotion Mist ($22): Spritz your way to perky skin! You can use this treatment lotion mist in your skincare routine (after cleansing), to set your makeup, and throughout the day when you want to invigorate your skin. It relies on coffee beans, ginseng, and pomegranate to keep your face looking fresh all day long and well into the night.
8. Votre Vu Café Crème Coffee Masque ($36): Antioxidant-rich coffee beans, coffee seed extract, sunflower seed wax, and vitamin E combine together to help hydrate, exfoliate, and even minimize the appearance of pores.
9. Peter Thomas Roth De-Spot Skin Brightening Corrector ($75): This skin brightening treatment contains the maximum clinically tested level of caffeine, which helps acne marks, sun spots, and general discoloration disappear. Use it on your face, chest, and even the tops of your hands twice a day to make your skin look even and well-rested.
Follow us on Pinterest for more beauty inspo and info.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.