When daylight saving time starts on March 12, we get a much-needed extra hour of sunlight (awesome!), but with that comes the loss of an hour of sleep (boo!). To combat the obvious signs of a lack of sleep, including a lackluster complexion and tell-tale under-eye bags, stock up on these 11 beauty products that will help you fake awake.
1. NARS Soft Matte Complete Concealer ($30): This new beauty product offers the perfect balance of full coverage and a natural, matte finish that doesn’t look cakey — all in an impressive 16 shades. Tap it underneath your eyes to hide dreaded dark circles or onto a blemish to look flawless all day long.
2. BECCA First Light Filter Face Primer ($38): This sheer purple primer blends into any skin tone (really!) to perk up tired, dull skin while providing a welcome dose of hydration and blurring imperfections.
3. MAC Strobe Cream ($33): For instant hydration and luminosity, apply this moisturizer (available in six shades) that makes use of moisturizing botanicals and iridescent particles.
4. Skyn Iceland Hydro Cool Firming Eye Gels ($30): Your under-eye area is the first signal to the world that you haven’t gotten enough sleep. Ward off dark circles and puffiness with these patches that will help you and your peepers chill out.
5. Patchology Illuminate FlashMasque Facial Sheet ($8): Vitamin C, licorice, and grapefruit seed extracts will have your skin looking seriously bright and feeling balanced after just five minutes.
6. Onomie Bright Concealing Elixir ($25): If dark circles are an issue for you, this concealer will be your new BFF. The cream relies on night sleeper extract to boost circulation and reduce the appearance of circles, while alfalfa extract takes on puffiness.
7. Tarte Fake Awake Eye Highlight ($20): Searching for a quick fix for tired eyes? Take a cue from makeup artists and apply a nude liner to your waterline to brighten the area.
8. bareMinerals Well-Rested Face and Eye Brightener ($23): No dullness here! This powerful pen comes in a one-size-fits-all color that perks up the face and eye area on all skin tones.
9. Covergirl Exact Eyelights Eye-Brightening Mascara ($9): This wallet-friendly mascara contains a super subtle tint and slight shimmer that work wonders on brightening up your face.
10. Tata Harper Volumizing Lip & Cheek Tint ($36): Dab this punchy color on your cheeks and lips — it even works well on your eyes for a monochromatic look — for an instant refresher.
11. Chella Heated Eyelash Curler ($22): Most of us are familiar with eyelash curlers, but a heated version takes things to the next level. It’s never hot — just warm — so your lashes are able to really hold on to the curl for a wide-awake effect.
Follow us on Pinterest for more beauty inspo and info.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.