When we look for hairstyle inspiration, we usually turn to our favorite celebs for ways to refresh our locks, from new as-seen-on-Insta cuts to OMG-worthy dye jobs to award show styles we’re hacking the very next day IRL. But lately, it seems like *they* have been enamored of our tresses: the wake-up-and-go girls’ hair, a look defined by natural texture and clever quick styling. It’s nothing new to us — we wake up like this on a regular basis — but we have to admit, we love that imperfect hair is having a major moment (um, red carpet anyone?). We’re naming these five celebs the current poster stars of undone hair. Or take it to the next level: think of them as muses for having a more fuss-free relationship with your locks.
1. Dakota Johnson: The Fifty Shades of Grey star’s Oscar-worthy just-rolled-outta-bed pony makes us feel a whole lot better about our post-gym updo. Unless your mane is already primed with pillow kinks, you can backcomb the top portion of your hair to add messier volume to your everyday pony. But if you ask us, it’s her piece-y, uneven bangs that make the look. (Photo via Jason Merritt/Getty)
2. Kerry Washington: We’re used to seeing Kerry Washington primed and polished on our screens, so at a recent red carpet appearance, we loved seeing her wear her hair in the most anti-Olivia Pope hairstyle out there: a tousled high bun. The only thing missing from *our* version is that vampy red lip (noted). (Photo via Frazer Harrison/Getty)
3. Kristen Stewart: The Still Alice star is known for her could-not-give-an-f attitude, and in a very true-to-self move, her hair — a work of angsty perfection — reflects that amazingly. The girl seemingly did not blink between dying her hair pumpkin orange and cutting those luscious Bella locks into a choppy pixie that she keeps in an impressive state of perpetual undoneness. Like us, she uses the dramatic side part as her go-to style for second/third/fifth-day hair. (Photo via Stephen Lovekin/Getty)
4. Alexa Chung: Alexa Chung single-handedly helped us accept what our hair looks like after it has air dried — you know, with your bangs cemented in a not-quite-cute curl and your ends pointing every which way. On days when we run out of minutes to boost the texture with sea salt spray, you can bet we’re channeling her It girl confidence two-fold. (Photo via Vittorio Zunino Celotto/Getty)
5. Solange Knowles: No one rocks their natural texture quite like Solange, a girl who’s never bowed to convention, beauty or otherwise. Her authentic approach to hair isn’t just remarkably refreshing, it’s flat-out gorgeous. Whether she leaves her ringlets tight or picks them out, there’s no finishing or flat ironing required. If it’s good enough for a Knowles sister, it’s good enough for us. (Photo via Frazer Harrison/Getty)
Do you have a lazy girl hairstyle that you can make work for every occasion? Tell us how you DIY it in the comments below!