4 Celebrity-Approved Pant Trends That Are Worth the Cold
As much as we love a great skirt or dress, winter weather doesn’t always make them the most appropriate choice, even with tights. Luckily, the pant offerings right now are good. Good enough, in fact, that Hollywood’s most stylish are getting in on the action. To help you live your most fashionable life this winter, we’ve narrowed down the four trends that stars are loving RN and where to score them for yourself. So scroll on and get ready to show everyone who really wears the pants.
If Jennifer Lopez does it, you can be damn sure it’s a thing. The style queen rocked a blue and black high-rise pair to perfection. Bonus: Plaid is a trend that’s sticking around for spring, so you’ll get your money’s worth out of this one.
Michelle Monaghan rocked the trend in a matching suit, adding red booties (and matching lip) for added oomph. We are here for it.
Zendaya’s style can be described in a word: fearless. The fashion chameleon took the retro thing to a new level in this pink/plaid combo.
Get the look:
2. Forever 21 High-Waist Plaid Pants ($28): Try a belted, cropped pair with sock boots now, and sandals later. Winning!
3. Dear Drew by Drew Barrymore Women’s Arthur Avenue High Waist Ruffle Trouser ($79-$98): Get that paper (bag waist)! And definitely get it in plaid.
Spring 2018 is set to be the season of the wide-leg pant. Get a jump on the trend now, à la Nicole Richie, and you’ll look like a fashion insider.
Black-ish and Grown-ish star Shahidi slayed in a sporty version in vivid hues. Consider this the perfect way to cure the winter doldrums!
Blake Lively opted for a green leopard-print pair, and as per usual, she nailed it. With a fitted sweater, this is the ideal winter date night look. Ryan Reynolds not included (sorry).
Get the look:
4. & Other Stories Wide Leg Trousers ($125): Go for a Yara Shahidi-style bright and wait for the compliments to pour in. *Sings Lady in Red…*
5. Topshop Super High Waist Trousers ($125): Knock out two trends at once with a high-waisted voluminous pant. With boots in the cold and airy heels when temperatures warm up, you can rock these all year round.
6. Express Mid Rise Stripe Wide Leg Pant ($70): Sleek stripes and an elastic waist? Sign us up.
Want to keep warm but look cool? Do the leather pant thing. Try taking a cue from Rosie Huntington Whiteley and rock yours in a rich, tonal combo.
Upgrade your basic black legging to a slick, edgy version à la Olivia Culpo. Travel never looked so chic.
Ashley Graham is pretty much confidence #goals all day, every day. Lesson to be learned from this look: Replace jeans with leather pants this winter and prepare to dominate.
Get the look:
7. BCBG Max Azria Hanah Faux-Leather Legging ($158): Green is the new black. At least when it comes to (faux) leather pants, that is.
8. Blank Denim Vegan Leather Embroidered Skinny Pants ($118): Go beyond the basic. Add a little extra interest to black skinnies with tonal embellishment.
9. H&M Faux Leather Pants ($35): Another way to upgrade from standard black? Opt for a navy style that’s unexpected but just as versatile.
Industrial Dark Denim
If you’re searching for the next big trend, you need look no further than Rihanna. The bad gal is always ahead of the curve. Exhibit A: her super of-the-moment indigo carpenter jeans with topstitching. Yes, the ’90s-era staple is back for a return engagement.
Another fashionista at the forefront of trends, Bella Hadid worked her workwear-inspired pair against a scenic backdrop. Just another day in the life, right?
Third time’s the charm with Kaia Gerber strutting her stuff in the throwback trend. With a cropped white top, the supermodel-in-training makes this trend look sexy.
Get the look:
10. I.Am.Gia Ace Pant ($104): Get the actual look in this pair that Hadid and Gerber both rocked in real life.
12. ASOS High Waist Authentic Straight Leg Jeans With Back Zip Through Rise Detail in Raw Indigo ($56): A zip-front, cropped style will have you looking like a style star in no time.
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.