7 Celebrity Sequin Outfits That Were Made for Holiday Parties
Fact: Sequins go hand in hand with the holidays. With a full social calendar over the next few months, there’s no better time than the present to stock up on some party-ready lewks that are sure to dazzle. Sequin jumpsuits, glittery jackets, and a bevy of shiny little dresses in between, here are the ways we’re obsessed with wearing sparkles right now.
1. With a Bow on It: The Markarian sequined gown that Emma Roberts rocked recently is giving us all the feels — especially with that scarlet bow and matching straps — but we could all learn an important lesson in holiday dressing from Emma. When in doubt, add a red belt to an already shimmery getup, because more is definitely more. (Photo via Axelle/Bauer-Griffin/FilmMagic) Brit + Co Pick: Adrianna Papell Scoop Back Sequin Gown ($280+) and Kate Spade Bow Belt ($58)
2. Jazzed-Up Jacket: Why should dresses and skirts get all the sequin love when a coat dripping in bling is just as impactful? Pull a Gabrielle Union and go the unexpected route. (Photo via Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty Images) Brit + Co Pick: Nanette Lepore Sultana Sequin Coat ($678)
3. Blue Crush: An occasion like New Year’s Eve calls for all the sparkle and cool hues. Channel Victoria Justice in this head-to-toe Alice + Olivia ensemble that slays. (Photo via gotpap/Bauer-Griffin/GC Images) Brit + Co Pick: Alice + Olivia Ramos Sequin Skirt ($295), Lisha Boat Neck Pullover ($350), and Celyn Sequin Bootie ($595)
4. Asymmetrical Advantage: Leave it to our girl crush Alanna Arrington to make a black asymmetrical mini with neon stripes and thigh-high black boots look totally wearable. Don’t have that kind of #BalmainArmy dough for her exact dress? Fear not. (Photo via Taylor Hill/Getty Images) Brit + Co Pick: Dress The Population Margo Plunging Stripe Dress ($268)
5. Embellished Mini: The only thing more glam than a sequin dress is one trimmed with feathers. Anna Kendrick knows what’s up. (Photo via Kevin Mazur/WireImage) Brit + Co Pick: Parker Black Allegra Dress ($307)
6. Glitzy Gown: Seeing as how the color purple is often associated with royalty, nobility, luxury, power, and ambition, it’s only fitting you go with the striking shade for all of those holiday parties on the horizon. Angela Sarafyan’s deep-V long- sleeve dress is a total stunner. (Photo via Donato Sardella/Getty Images for InStyle) Brit + Co Pick: Retrofete Gabrielle Robe Dress ($615)
7. Flashy Jumpsuit: Effortless holiday dressing starts with the sequin jumpsuit. Pull an Olivia Wilde at your next festive fête in an LBJ that shines when you make an entrance. (Photo via JB Lacroix/WireImage) Brit + Co Pick: AQUA Sequined Wide-Leg Jumpsuit ($98)
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.