How to Make Celebrity Heartthrob Valentine’s Day Cookies
We all know that we wish we could be spending our Valentine’s Day with our celebrity crushes, and since that’s unlikely to happen, we’re showing you the next best thing: how to represent all of your favorite Hollywood heartthrobs in cookie form this year! Are you a Chris Pratt kinda gal or do you prefer Ryan Gosling? These cookies are super customizable, so you can share your Valentine’s Day with whomever you choose. All you need now is this Drake coloring book to go with your cookie and a DVR recording of that time Channing Tatum lip-synced to Beyoncé!
– red and pink fondant
– 2 cups all-purpose flour
– 3/4 teaspoon salt
– 2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
– 1/2 cup powdered sugar
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– small cup of water
– letter stamping kit or a cookie stamping kit
– heart shaped cookie cutter
– rolling pin
– unused paint brush
1. In a small bowl, mix together flour and salt. Set aside. In another bowl, beat butter until fluffy. Add in the sugar and vanilla, and mix until combined.
2. Combine the flour mixture with the butter mixture and mix until a dough is formed. Split the dough in half and flatten to form disk shapes. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to an hour.
3. Preheat your oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Dust your surface with flour and roll out the dough to 1/4-inch thickness. With your heart-shaped cookie cutter, cut out your cookies and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until edges start to turn golden.
4. Roll out your pink and red fondant to 1/8-inch thickness on a floured surface. Cut out heart shapes with the same cookie cutter and use your letter stamping kit to stamp the names of celebrity heartthrobs into the fondant.
5. Once your cookies are completely cooled, flip over the fondant heart and apply water to the back of the heart using a small brush. Flip the heart back over and stick it on your cookie.
When cutting out the fondant, dusting your cookie cutter with a little bit of flour will keep it from sticking to the edges of the fondant.
Painting water on the back of the fondant heart is totally optional, but it will adhere the fondant to the cookie and prevent it from slipping off!
And there you have it! Chris Pratt cookie, anyone??
We’ll only be taking our cookies with our crushes’ names on them from now on, please and thank you!
Who is the celebrity you’re crushing on the most right now? Share with us @BritandCo.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)