How to Make Celebrity Heartthrob Valentine’s Day Cookies
We all know that we wish we could be spending our Valentine’s Day with our celebrity crushes, and since that’s unlikely to happen, we’re showing you the next best thing: how to represent all of your favorite Hollywood heartthrobs in cookie form this year! Are you a Chris Pratt kinda gal or do you prefer Ryan Gosling? These cookies are super customizable, so you can share your Valentine’s Day with whomever you choose. All you need now is this Drake coloring book to go with your cookie and a DVR recording of that time Channing Tatum lip-synced to Beyoncé!
– red and pink fondant
– 2 cups all-purpose flour
– 3/4 teaspoon salt
– 2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
– 1/2 cup powdered sugar
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– small cup of water
– letter stamping kit or a cookie stamping kit
– heart shaped cookie cutter
– rolling pin
– unused paint brush
1. In a small bowl, mix together flour and salt. Set aside. In another bowl, beat butter until fluffy. Add in the sugar and vanilla, and mix until combined.
2. Combine the flour mixture with the butter mixture and mix until a dough is formed. Split the dough in half and flatten to form disk shapes. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to an hour.
3. Preheat your oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Dust your surface with flour and roll out the dough to 1/4-inch thickness. With your heart-shaped cookie cutter, cut out your cookies and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until edges start to turn golden.
4. Roll out your pink and red fondant to 1/8-inch thickness on a floured surface. Cut out heart shapes with the same cookie cutter and use your letter stamping kit to stamp the names of celebrity heartthrobs into the fondant.
5. Once your cookies are completely cooled, flip over the fondant heart and apply water to the back of the heart using a small brush. Flip the heart back over and stick it on your cookie.
When cutting out the fondant, dusting your cookie cutter with a little bit of flour will keep it from sticking to the edges of the fondant.
Painting water on the back of the fondant heart is totally optional, but it will adhere the fondant to the cookie and prevent it from slipping off!
And there you have it! Chris Pratt cookie, anyone??
We’ll only be taking our cookies with our crushes’ names on them from now on, please and thank you!
Who is the celebrity you’re crushing on the most right now? Share with us @BritandCo.