Now that Chip and Joanna Gaines are no longer filming Fixer Upper, the expecting couple is throwing their energy behind other ventures — like their new restaurant, Magnolia Table. The designing duo has been busy breathing new life into an old landmark cafe in Waco, Texas, and now, they’re giving us a sneak peek at all their hard work.
Taking to Instagram, the soon-to-be mother of five showed off the breakfast joint’s new décor, saying, “Awning’s going up at the Take Away side at Magnolia table today!
And the excitement didn’t end there. Gaines, 40, also gave us a sneak peek at some of the delicious menu items that will soon be hitting the resto’s tables all of which reflect both Gaines’ breakfast styles: As Chip previously told Southern Living, “I always do a heavy, bigger breakfast, but Jo is the exact opposite.” Check ‘em out below!
1. Tater Tots: These house-made tater tots, topped with what looks like shaved cheese and chives, definitely look hearty enough for Chip.
2. Biscuits: Chip loaded up on the carbs with some fluffy biscuits, with Joanna writing, “Chip approves.”
3. Fruit Cup: Even a simple fruit cup of raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, and kiwi makes for a stunning visual in the Gaines’ trusty hands. We also spy other classics, such as eggs, mini donuts, skillet porridge, and a bread basket on the accompanying menu — mmm!
4. Strawberry Butter: You need a great topping for a great biscuit, and this strawberry butter appears to have passed the couple’s taste test, with Joanna gushing, “This strawberry butter is the answer to all life’s problems.”
5. Simple Greens Salad: This heaping mound of greens with fruit (is that a strawberry we see peeking through?), nuts, and shaved cheese strikes a (picture!) perfect balance.
6. Cinnamon Buns: For those with a perpetual sweet tooth (*slowly raises hands*), these delectable-looking cinnamon buns couldn’t be more appealing.
Will you be dining at Chip and Joanna’s new digs? Share with us over @BritandCo.
(Photo via Daniel Zuchnik/Wireimage/Getty + @joannagaines)