Which Bras and Underwear to Wear With Spring Dresses
It’s dress season — hurrah! Time to bust out all of those cute little frocks you’ve had tucked away and get into one-and-done clothing mode (YES). But before you go ahead and accidentally ruin a perfectly good look with VPL, take a peek through your underpinning collection and make sure you’ve got all the right lingerie pieces. Not sure what exactly those are? Scroll on. We’ve rounded up all the tricks to make sure you’re covered underneath any dress shape this season.
1. Yummie Peyton Strapless Convertible Bra ($38-$42): For shoulders that are almost bare, go with a strapless option that looks smooth under everything. Wireless and super light for summer, this ultra-comfy bra also comes with optional straps, ensuring you’ll get your money’s worth.
Short and Flippy
2. Hanro Stretch Modal Boyshorts ($38): Warm weather means bare legs, but if your dress is vulnerable to wind gusts, you’ll want to keep everything covered underneath. Unless you’re looking for your Marilyn Monroe over a subway grate moment, a boy short is your best bet.
3. Fashion Forms Satin Adhesive Breast Petals ($12): Your main goal here is not freeing the nipple unintentionally. Rather than trying to find the perfect bra that won’t peek out on any side, just go with these disposable, adhesive covers. They’re soft and come in a pack of six.
4. Wacoal Body Base Brief ($28): To rock a clingy dress without any issues, a super smooth brief with no VPL’s will serve you well. This one’s not quite shapewear but will gently hug your body and disappear under clothes.
Off the Shoulder
5. Josie Natori Chantilly Lace Strapless Bra ($96): A flirty off-the-shoulder frock calls for a bra that’s equally pretty. This one is super feminine (and won’t embarrass you if your dress happens to slip down a little).
6. Chantelle Velvet Touch Full Coverage Unlined Bra ($74): You’ll want something that blends with your skin tone under potentially see-through white. This super-smooth option comes in ivory, gray, pink, and a lighter tan.
7. Chantelle Velvet Touch Seamless Bikini ($24): The matching smooth panty to the full coverage bra, this underwear will fade away under white dresses. Plus, no lines!
8. Commando Classic High Rise Panty ($34): Under fitted sheaths or shifts, go for something higher waisted that smooths. With raw cut edges, these won’t show in front or back.
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.