20 Citrusy Sweet Recipes You Need to Try
Lemonade is not the only citrusy star of long summer days. Tangy desserts are a fantastic, bright ending to outdoor dinner parties . They are also great afternoon treats you may or may not want to share. Some citrusy sweets even work their way onto the breakfast table . What they all call for is a relaxed time with friends (and yes, maybe some lemonade). We’re warning you, you might want to drop everything and start whipping up one of these recipes right this minute.
1. Orange Sable Cookies : Oranges love almonds, and we heart them both. These icebox cookies are a snap to make. Keep a log in the freezer ready for when the sweet craving knocks on your door. (via Martha Stewart )
7. Poppy Seed Lemon Cake : The perfect ending to an outdoor summer dinner party with friends, this cake is a beauty. It’s packed with poppyseed, creating a stunning black-and-yellow combo. (via Smitten Kitchen )
11. Cranberry Orange Donuts : Smack, smack, smack. Yup, that was us licking our fingers. These gorgeous baked donuts are speckled with dried cranberries and bits of orange peel. (via Country Cleaver )
12. Triple Lemon Cupcakes : Lemon lovers everywhere, we’ve got the dessert for you. These little zesty bombs come with a surprise. There’s tangy lemon curd waiting for you inside. (via Crazy for Crust )
16. Lemon Curd Sandwich Cookies : Does one ever get sick of sandwich cookies? We think not. These are vegan and grain-free, so don’t be shy — grab a couple more, no matter your dietary restrictions. (via Wallflower Girl )
17. Blueberry Lime Muffins : A generous helping of lime gives blueberry muffins a zesty lift. Pair with an iced latte and a good book, and you’ve got yourself one satisfying little treat. (via My Baking Addiction )
18. Orange Sugar Molasses Cookies : A healthier take on traditional molasses cookies is a serious keeper. A crunchy, zesty outside gives way to a sweet fluffy inside… can we get one more? (via My Happy Place )
What citrusy sweet can’t you get enough of? Tell us in the comments below!