Cookies for Breakfast? Kick Start Your Morning With Energy Packed Cookies
If you share Cookie Monster’s addiction, you’re going to be pretty excited about this. Cookies that are okay for breakfast? That’s right. These recipes are not only delicious, they’re also packed with protein, fiber and healthy fats. A little boost of fun and energy for your morning routine. Keep a stash in the freezer for hectic mornings. Then just pop a couple into your bag as you walk out the door.
1. Banana Chocolate Chip: Five simple ingredients keep these delish power cookies vegan, free of flour and refined sugars… and still incredibly delicious. Oats, bananas, almond butter, maple syrup and dark chocolate chips are all you need to whip up a batch. (via Sally’s Baking Addiction)
2. Oh Mega Carrot Cake: True story: These cookies are little carrot cakes in healthy disguise. Shredded carrots, ground flax and coconut oil are the star ingredients. Add a generous tablespoon of grated ginger to kick them up a notch. (via Oh She Glows)
3. Persimmon Oatmeal Cookies: If you haven’t tried persimmons before, this is a great way to get you started. Their sweet flavor will remind you of mangos and apricots. They add color and texture to this flavor-packed oatmeal cookie. (via Happyolks)
6. Spiced Nut Clusters: Dried cranberries and pumpkin seeds are a match made in heaven. Add walnuts and honey for a high-energy flavor party that will remind you of relaxed fall mornings. (via Prevention)
7. Oatmeal Raisin Coconut and Chia Seed: The list of nutrient-packed ingredients in these cookies goes on and on. Chia seeds? Check. Almond butter and applesauce instead of regular butter? Check. Vegan deliciousness? Check, check, check! (via The Picky Eater)
8. Healthy Breakfast Cookies: The ingredient list for these puppies looks like a full meal — yogurt, oats, egg, bran flakes, applesauce, raisins. You’ll high five yourself when you take the first bite. They taste almost too good to belong on the healthy spectrum. (via Pip and Ebby)
How do you get your morning boost? Let us know in the comments below.