This ’90s Footwear Trend Is Making a Major Comeback
The ’90s are back with a vengeance. No matter where you look, there’s some remnant of the best decade ever making a comeback. From bantu knots to floral skater dresses, denim overalls and music, ’90s style essentials are so in right now. Even North West has gotten in on the action with tiny choker necklaces and itty bitty denim cutoffs. But what about those clunky, chunky, sky-high shoes that we rocked in true My So Called Life fashion? Good news: They’re all over the place this summer. We’ve rounded up the cutest, most stylish mules and clogs that’ll have you stepping back to the future.
1. Mango Fringe Leather Sandals ($130): Slip into summer with these fringed wooden clogs that are perfect for shorties and tall gals alike. Pair with high-waisted flared jeans for retro appeal.
2. Swedish Hasbeens Lise Lott Clog ($249): These closed-toe sandals are equal parts schoolgirl chic, hippie approved and Instagram-worthy. Go full-on schoolgirl with a pleated skirt.
3. New Look Mule With Mirror Heel ($41): These futuristic mules are sure to make a statement with their mirrored detail and bright amber hue. Think sheath mini dress with modern geometric silver jewelry to match.
4. Topshop Venice T-Bar Clog ($80): Go full ’90s in these studded olive green clogs. Add a floral babydoll dress, a choker and a mini backpack. Or you can bring the look into the new millennium with black skinnies and a rad ear cuff.
5. Jeffrey Campbell Odelia Boots ($170): Do the math: platform + clogs + booties = throwback cool. Add some color up top with painterly florals to nail the it-girl look.
6. Zara Ankle Strap Sandals ($70): These black ankle strap sandals are the perfect blend of two ’90s trends — a wood-block heel and the ubiquitous combat boot. The shiny gold studs give a touch of luxe to these hot steppers.
7. Open-Toe Metallic Mule ($30): Rose gold is everywhere, so make a statement in these comfy espadrille mules. Wear them to the pool or beach to bring your lounge style to the next level.
8. Free People Louise Clog ($249): Comfort and style, along with brilliantly bright tangerine, combine in a pair of clogs that were made for strutting the streets. Throw on a simple white tee and jeans to let these steppers steal the show.
9. Jeffrey Campbell Wink Mule ($120): Let your feet do all the flirting this summer with these Jeffrey Campbell Wink mules. Pair ’em with shorts and a tank for casual weekends on the boardwalk or dress them up with an LBD for date night.
What will you be wearing on your feet this summer? For more fantastic footwear, follow us on Pinterest!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.