5 Must-Download Apps: Get the Clueless Closet on Your Phone + More
We already handed out the award this week for most addictive new iPhone game (the too-cute TwoDots!) but that’s not all that’s going on on our phones right now. We’re kicking it old school in the best way this week with an app that’s like Babysitter’s Club 2.0, one that lets you be Cher Horowitz every morning and another that promises you’ll never — I repeat — never lose your phone again thanks to a little game you learned how to play poolside back in the day.
1. Mirrow.me: You were probably wondering how an app could turn your closet into Cher’s, but then you knew. And knew you had to download it immediately. Mirrow is a new must-DL that organizes all of the articles of clothing stuffed into your closet. It’ll save you from doubling up on things you already own when you’re out shopping and act as your own personal stylist, suggesting what to wear every AM depending on the weather.
Cost: Free for iOS
2. TapShield: This app puts your safety first and puts your neighborhood watch in the palm of your hand. It got its start on college campuses and is now a safety social network that you can join to report crimes in your area and help first responders get to the scene even quicker.
3. CluckCluckApp: Are you the mom who does it all? This app will help the cause and give you and your babysitter or caregiver(s) a direct line of communication. CluckCluck is a super handy way to organize your kids’ schedules. Your kids’ jam-packed, over-scheduled schedules so that you know who’s done what and see what they still have to do.
It’s like Babysitter’s Club 2.0 — it helps you schedule tasks for your kiddies and keep track of everything in one place that you can both access so there’s no miscommunication. Plus, you can easily pay multiple sitters right through the app, too.
Cost: $2.99 for iOS
4. MarcoPolo: We have our eyes and our Indiegogo pledges on trackers that will help you keep all your digital ducks in a row… but what if your stuff could just alert you to its whereabouts? This app lets you program your phone to shout “Polo” when you call out “Marco?!” That is all. And that is enough.
Cost: $.99 for iOS
5. Watchup: We’ve scrolled across approximately 1,000,002 different apps and sites that streamline your news reading experience — organizing the bulletins into bullet points, fleshing out Tweets, summarizing blogs. Enter an app that plays into the anchorman and woman enthusiast among us. Watch news across every channel all in one place and curate your own daily or weekly broadcast.
What apps did you download this week? Which of these are you going to give a try? Share below!
Pocket doors are so delightful in and of themselves. They appear when you need them, get tucked away when you don't, and make it easy to define rooms while keeping an open floor plan. Add to the pocket door a joyful patterned wallpaper surprise, and you will be sent right into fits of visual jubilation! Or something ;) Today we're sharing two simple and impactful pocket door makeovers that zhuzh up your space in a jiffy.
Anjelika Temple here, co-founder of Brit + Co and proud owner of several pocket doors! When I moved into my first real grown-up house a couple years ago, I knew I wanted to incorporate wallpaper so reached out to our friends at Chasing Paper to see how we might collaborate. It felt like a total lightbulb moment when I realized I could create a surprise pop of pattern on a couple sets of pocket doors.
Not only is it a whimsical way to bring color into a space, but the doors double as picture-perfect backdrops for all your SFH (selfies from home, obvs).
A few pro tips about install:
- Removable wallpaper is miraculously forgiving! You can take it on and off multiple times without it losing integrity (or mucking up your surface).
- I ordered this adhesive wallpaper installation kit with a squeegee and xacto knife and it worked super well. I also recommend a sharp pair of scissors for cutting longer lines.
- This is a two-person job! Get a friend, put on a playlist, and get ready to bond.
- Wild, organic patterns like Tally are great because it's challenging to spot any imperfections in pattern alignment; keep pattern choice in mind if you've got a lot of corners to match up. More geometric patterns and larger shapes leave less room for error (but are awesome in their own right!).
BATHROOM POCKET DOORS
In our primary bathroom, we chose the wallpaper pattern Tally, designed by Kelly Ventura, in White and Navy. In our space, the navy reads as a soft black, which is perfect for the space. It's easy to combine an ever-rotating collection of linens with the Tally pattern.
I love how the white trim becomes the perfect frame around this pocket door piece of art.
My favorite moment in this space is the fact that you actually get a third pop of pattern thanks to our serendipitously placed mirror!
And yes, this one works pretty darn well as a backdrop too ;)
LIVING ROOM DOUBLE DOORS
This set of doors is definitely a focal point of our home. It separates our living room from our primary bedroom which opens onto our backyard. The doors are pretty much always open, but when they're closed we wanted to evoke a fun, nature-inspired vibe. With that in mind, we selected the Lines and Moons pattern by Thimblepress in Green and Brown.
Earth mama vibes up in here! I love how the shapes and colors echo the ferns you see through the windows and the acorn wood details throughout the house.
Love this pattern moment, and xacto-ing out the door handle is def on the oddly satisfying DIY list.
For a pattern lover like me, I love that now I have this instant photo backdrop!
Thanks to Chasing Paper for providing these rolls of pure pattern amazingness. Head to chasingpaper.com to find our own favorites and start adding patterns to your home!
(Wallpaper wingwoman: Kayla Haykin; Photography: Kurt Andre)