10 Buzzworthy Gadgets for Coffee Lovers
You know we love us a good cup of joe here at Brit HQ. With all the new ways to brew at home or even on the go, it feels like we’re swooning over a different way to get our buzz on just about every week. But why should we keep all that coffee-related intel to ourselves? Presenting 10 gadgets for making your morning coffee even better.
1. Piamo Microwave Espresso Maker (concept): We know it’s a little cruel to kick things off with something you can’t actually buy, but it’s too convenient of an idea not to include. Piamo create a fresh cup of espresso within 30 seconds. Simply insert an espresso pad or ground coffee, stack it, flip it, and microwave it!
2. Hario Cold Water Coffee Dripper ($265): For folks who prefer a more mellow brew, this cold water coffee maker uses the classic cold-drip method to produce a robust coffee concentrate, perfect for making iced beverages or for use in cooking. And if you simply want a hot cup of coffee, add hot water to the concentrate.
3. Blossom One (contact to order): We wrote about this right when it came out, and are still very intrigued. The Blossom has a crazy temperature system so that it can figure out the perfect temperature for your beans, based on the QR code on your bag of beans. Amazing.
4. Grower’s Cup: It’s a French press… in a bag! This disposable solution to your caffeine needs is great for travel. All coffees are single origin – meaning they are from specific farms or cooperatives instead of mixed blends.
5. Scanomat Top Brewer: One of our earliest future-of-coffee finds, the Scanomat is going to revolutionize the way you make coffee at home. It’s a fully automatic coffee brewer that can be built into any tabletop with only a stainless steel tap visible. The minimal design is stunning. Plus, it inspired one of our best rhymes ever: Coffee from a tap, controlled by an app!
6. Impress Coffee ($40): Another one for folks on the move, this cup helps you brew the perfect cup of coffee in just 3 minutes. By avoiding paper filters, electric mechanisms, balancing acts, or fussy coils and plungers, you are left with a clean, full-bodied cup that tastes as good as your coffee beans smell.
7. Bodum Bistro Pour Over Coffee Machine ($250): The pour over process is typically a tedious one, and one reserved for fancy coffee shops and definitely not your home. This machine aims to change that.
For coffee nerds, here’s how it works: It uses a spiral heating element to get the water as close to boiling as possible before transporting it over to the fine-mesh, titanium-plated coffee filter. It then passes though a shower head to ensure even distribution, while the filter lets through all the flavor and none of the grit. Finally, the double-walled thermos ensures the stuff stays warm, yet still opens with a simple press of a button.
8. Minibru Coffee Mug ($25): This little darling is a single cup of french press that doesn’t look like a sippy cup – hooray! You simply fill your cup with coarsely ground coffee to the lower fill line, then pour in hot water to the upper line, and then filter. Oh, and it’s dishwasher-safe!
9. Flip N’ Drip Coffee Maker ($37): What happens when camping and coffee come together in a beautiful and convenient way? The Flip N’ Drip! Pack it, share it, love it! :)
10. The HG One Grinder ($895): Last, we’ve got a serious investment for the at-home barista. It is basically the fanciest coffee grinder we have ever seen. It is specifically for grinding beans for espresso. We’re definitely intrigued.
What’s the coolest coffee gadget you’ve ever seen? Tell us about it in the comments below.