10 Buzzworthy Gadgets for Coffee Lovers
You know we love us a good cup of joe here at Brit HQ. With all the new ways to brew at home or even on the go, it feels like we’re swooning over a different way to get our buzz on just about every week. But why should we keep all that coffee-related intel to ourselves? Presenting 10 gadgets for making your morning coffee even better.
1. Piamo Microwave Espresso Maker (concept): We know it’s a little cruel to kick things off with something you can’t actually buy, but it’s too convenient of an idea not to include. Piamo create a fresh cup of espresso within 30 seconds. Simply insert an espresso pad or ground coffee, stack it, flip it, and microwave it!
2. Hario Cold Water Coffee Dripper ($265): For folks who prefer a more mellow brew, this cold water coffee maker uses the classic cold-drip method to produce a robust coffee concentrate, perfect for making iced beverages or for use in cooking. And if you simply want a hot cup of coffee, add hot water to the concentrate.
3. Blossom One (contact to order): We wrote about this right when it came out, and are still very intrigued. The Blossom has a crazy temperature system so that it can figure out the perfect temperature for your beans, based on the QR code on your bag of beans. Amazing.
4. Grower’s Cup: It’s a French press… in a bag! This disposable solution to your caffeine needs is great for travel. All coffees are single origin – meaning they are from specific farms or cooperatives instead of mixed blends.
6. Impress Coffee ($40): Another one for folks on the move, this cup helps you brew the perfect cup of coffee in just 3 minutes. By avoiding paper filters, electric mechanisms, balancing acts, or fussy coils and plungers, you are left with a clean, full-bodied cup that tastes as good as your coffee beans smell.
7. Bodum Bistro Pour Over Coffee Machine ($250): The pour over process is typically a tedious one, and one reserved for fancy coffee shops and definitely not your home. This machine aims to change that.
For coffee nerds, here’s how it works: It uses a spiral heating element to get the water as close to boiling as possible before transporting it over to the fine-mesh, titanium-plated coffee filter. It then passes though a shower head to ensure even distribution, while the filter lets through all the flavor and none of the grit. Finally, the double-walled thermos ensures the stuff stays warm, yet still opens with a simple press of a button.
8. Minibru Coffee Mug ($25): This little darling is a single cup of french press that doesn’t look like a sippy cup – hooray! You simply fill your cup with coarsely ground coffee to the lower fill line, then pour in hot water to the upper line, and then filter. Oh, and it’s dishwasher-safe!
9. Flip N’ Drip Coffee Maker ($37): What happens when camping and coffee come together in a beautiful and convenient way? The Flip N’ Drip! Pack it, share it, love it! :)