40 hours of your week — maybe more — are spent tied to your desk. And that’s exactly why you shouldn’t let dress codes get you down. Your workweek attire should be just as on-point and comfortable as your off-the-clock duds — definitely not stiff, stuffy and personality-free. You’ve probably been working hard at getting your 9-to-5 wardrobe up to snuff, but keeping things feeling fresh requires a constant flow of weekly outfit inspiration. And that’s where these six stunning and super cozy outfits come into play. With these as inspo, your morning routine is about to get that much easier.
1. Timeless Textures: Consider this your new favorite nine-to-five formula: Wool culottes, ankle boots and a super sassy top. Bonus points for luxe, textured elements like a faux fur vest and rich, seasonal hues. (via @dreamingofchanel)
2. Patterns + Layers: Bright colors, playful prints and lots of layering make for a seriously successful on-duty ensemble. Sometimes it is possible to have it all. (via @styletab)
3. Snuggle in With Sweaters: Say yes to the sweater dress to make mornings an exercise in effortless elegance. Pair it with sleek ankle boots and modern baubles for a fancified feel, then layer on a long cardigan or clean-cut vest for an added layer of warmth. (via @stylebyada)
4. Bold + Bright: Combat cool temps with bold bright colors that capture summer’s vibes. For a festive twist, pair with metallic bottoms and shimmery heels. (via @kellygolightly)
5. Mixed Neutrals: Sweater on top, sweater on bottom — hello comfy. To keep your new favorite getup from feeling frumpy, team it up with pointed-toe boots, statement jewelry and an ultra sleek sac. (via @collagevintage)
6. Structured Layers: Turn up the heat on a mockneck midi by polishing it off with a masculine double-breasted blazer. Minimalist add-ons and patent loafers will solidify the outfit’s über cool androgynous edge. (via @mikutas)
What Insta style stars do you follow? Do you do an #ootd on the regular? Tag your pics with @britandco for a chance to be featured in next week’s post.