3 Cozy Outerwear Trends That Will Be on Your Winter Wish List
As we slowly take a step into the cooler months, we’ll soon start to accept the inevitable doom of wearing a million layers over our bodies just to keep the warmth in. Unless you are one of those bold types that can “bare” to show some arm candy during the blistering cold (we applaud you), it’s safe to say that you will be wearing jacketsa lot to deal with Mother Nature. But that doesn’t mean you need to sling on that same old peacoat every day, especially since these three next-level jacket trends are blowing up this season. Not only will each of these styles make sure you stand out in dreary weather, but they’re made of plush faux fur and have collars the size of snuggies, so they’re cozy af too. Scroll through to peep the winter jacket trends you’ll want to add to your closet ASAP. Your bod will thank us later.
1. Urban Outfitters Silence + Noise Faux Fur Zip-Up Jacket ($179): A lilac fur jacket is a great way to break apart the darker hues in your closet. Don’t be afraid to layer this over a patterned blouse to mix and match for an über-fun look.
2. Zara Faux Fur Coat ($149): For a more toned-down option, consider a shorter haired jacket in just one color. This burgundy hue makes the coat feel especially luxe while remaining suitable to throw on for the office.
3. ASOS Religion Longline Faux Fur Coat ($233): There is nothing better than a color blocked faux fur jacket. Nothing. We love the dainty color combo, which does its part to tame this monster of a coat.
4. Nasty Gal Glamorous Calico Faux Fur Jacket ($148): Hands down, you’ll be the fiercest feline in your pack with this colorful number. Strut your stuff by pairing it with a cool black skirt, sparkly tank and ankle booties — a perfect holiday party look.
Teddy Bear Jackets
5. Pixie Market Pastel Pink Long Cardigan ($139): Boring trench coats just became the life of the party, thanks to its stubby texture and the prettiest shade of pink — ever. Plus, this trendier version is still insanely versatile: It will go perfectly with your fave LBD or lived-in boyfriend jeans.
6. Anthropology Northland Moto Jacket ($138): You can never have too many Moto jackets, especially when one looks like this. Be a complete badass by pairing it with your leather pants and some killer heels for a fun GNO.
7. Free People Once Upon A Hood Fluffy Coat ($168): In a crisp white hue, this teddy coat will add the right amount of texture to any outfit while still being completely chic.
8. Aritzia Wilfred Laboratoire Coat ($225): Not only is this coat lined with satin, it’s made from faux sherpa fur. A jacket that feels (and looks) like a cloud? Yes, please!
Oversized Collar Jackets
9. Aritzia Babaton Cormac Jacket ($375): Crafted with a wool-blend and coated in complementary stripes, this might be the perfect winter jacket. Plus, you can pull up the collar for that extra protection you know you are going to need.
10. J.O.A. Leather Shearling Aviator Jacket ($148): How can you say no to this aviator jacket? The details are pretty exquisite and it’s completely made from a vegan material. If you don’t feel like a total boss babe in this jacket, then we don’t know what else to say.
11. Mango Lapels Wool Coat ($150): Wrap yourself in this fantastic minimalistic coat. The grey-wool mix will elevate any outfit and the leather details add a bit of unexpected sass. The bottom line: This coat is winning all the way around.
12. ASOS Coat With Oversized Faux Fur Collar ($180): Be fierce — this faux fur collar jacket that will protect your body from the unbearable cold nights, while still looking super on trend. Complement the ’70s vibe with a sweater dress paired with tights and platform shoes.
What jacket trend are you thinking of wearing this winter? Let us know in the comments below!