15 Cold Weather Skirts to Wear in Tights + Boots Weather
Don’t let the frigid temperatures get you frazzled — you cancombat the elements in style. Between timeless tweed minis, checkered midis and retro suede numbers, there’s no shortage of on-trend skirt options to go around. Add in an attention-getting pair of tights and a vibrant colored cocoon coat for a sartorial moment just waiting to happen. Don’t delay: Pair these 15 cold weather skirts with a bold red lip for a winning look, cause baby, it’s cold outside!
1. ASOS Midi Skirt in Abstract Stripe ($72): Retro days are baaack thanks to this ‘70s-inspired midi skirt that’s practically begging for a fuzzy statement clutch. When the temps are cooler than cool, this is just the thing you need to brighten up your rotation of neutrals.
2. COPE London Midi Skirt ($98): It’s not every day that you meet a geo print skirt with this much panache. For maximum comfort and ease, do pare it down with a super soft sweatshirt and sneakers.
3. & Other Stories Patent Leather Mini Skirt ($245): All things PVC and patent leather are a sartorial risk worth taking this season. Slip this risqué leather mini on alongside a bright orange sweater and fishnet tights for a showstopping look.
4. ASOS Curve A-Line Skirt in Suede ($116): Not all suede skirts are created equal. Case in point: This bright chartreuse A-line number will inject some major color play into your winter wardrobe. Style it up with a chunky turtleneck sweater for the daytime and a feminine blouse for after-hours.
5. Topshop Buckle A-Line Mini Skirt ($80): Break out the Chelsea boots — this rust-colored skirt with buckles is ready to come out and play. For a one-and-done look worthy of Thanksgiving dinner with the fam, pair it with a cable knit sweater + statement necklace.
6. Zara Check Mini Skirt ($20): Preppy enthusiasts, eat your heart out! This grown-up plaid skirt brings holiday cheer without the schoolgirl vibes. Toughen up your look with some edgy ankle boots and a daring topper in an attention-getting hue.
7. Urban Renewal Remade Fleece Midi Skirt ($54): Can you say c-o-z-y? For days when you can’t even think about getting dressed in the AM, this fleece midi skirt will be a hero in disguise. Rock a cool athleisure look by slipping on some old-school kicks and a leather topper to boot.
8. Rag & Bone Petra Skirt ($295): This mohair skirt is about to give your prized sweater collection a run for its money. Reminiscent of a Rothko painting, this artful skirt will add instant flair to your nine-to-five getup.
9. Wilfred Free Karmen Skirt ($85): Just you wait — it won’t be long before you’re incorporating this corduroy button-front skirt into every #OOTD. The brass buttons and earthy hue give off a vintage flair that has us yearning for an heirloom locket.
10. Monki Quilt Detail Pencil Skirt ($54): Whether you’re hitting the gym in style or playing hooky for the day, this cobalt blue quilt skirt could be styled to perfection with a neon cashmere pullover and white tennies for the win.
11. Zara Pleated Mini Skirt ($70): Embrace the fall foliage while you still can with this wine-colored pleat skirt that pairs exquisitely with burnt oranges, creams and mustard yellows. Contrast the short hemline with a power blazer for your office’s upcoming happy hour.
12. Topshop Checked A-Line Skirt ($85): Go ahead and add this work-appropriate check skirt to your need-it-right-now list. A tried-and-true classic, it’s practically guaranteed to take your corporate game up a notch (or two) when styled with a bow blouse and pearl studs. Did we mention it has pockets?
13. Zara Tube Skirt ($40): Perfect for your off-duty style, this faux leather tube skirt allows you to do less. Seriously. Fly under the radar with a wide-brim hat and trendsetting cape for a weekend uniform that just works.
14. J.Crew Metallic Tweed Zip Skirt ($128): It’s tweed skirts like this one from J.Crew that make us swoon hard. Thanks to contemporary updates — like the two-way zipper and curved hemline — this classic mini will pair well with everything from your classic Breton stripes to a wooly sweater. Riding boots + and a beanie are obligatory.
15. & Other Stories Wool-Blend Skirt ($85): Give this purple wool-mohair skirt a twirl for a cool-girl look that goes hand-in-hand with the season’s most coveted OTK boots. Maximize any outfit by throwing an oversized marled knit sweater into the mix.
Which of these cold weather skirts will you be investing in this winter? Let us know in the comments below!