7 #OOTDs That Will Make You LOVE This New Plaid
Nothing says fall quite like a little plaid, but there’s another print that’s giving the iconic pattern a run for its money this season. Grid check, a more pared-down version of plaid, boasts clean lines and modern appeal, making it perfect for the minimalist or the girl that wants to diversify without totally abandoning tradition. If grid check doesn’t quite strike you as exciting, these on-point #OOTDs will show you what’s up.
3. @rantiinreview: Get a little mix-and-match going by rocking a check piece with a standout print in a similar hue. Balance the look by pairing up a neutral-colored top with bright, cheerful bottoms. (via @rantiinreview)
4. @fashionandfrills: When you want to make a statement, don’t hold back. Channel a little check from head to toe, layering patterns in different colors and weights. There’s no way you’re going unnoticed. (via @fashionandfrills)
5. @taliaamy: For those who like to keep it classic, make cream-colored versions of this understated pattern your new go-to. A poncho or cape in said print adds a sophisticated edge to of-the-moment pieces like culottes and high-neck sweaters. (via @taliaamy)
6. @stylebyada: Statement outerwear is a must-have no matter where your sartorial allegiances lie. While bold color and funky textures reign supreme in this category, grid check can be just as impactful, especially when paired with masculine silhouettes and edgy accessories. (via @stylebyada)
7. @itsnotheritsme: Double up on windowpane prints for a healthy dose of style. Neutral shades will keep the look more on the subtle side, while vibrant hues will serve up some serious look-at-me vibes. (via @itsnotheritsme)
What Insta style stars do you follow? Do you do an #ootd on the regular? Tell us in the comments below, and be sure to tag your pics with @britandco for a chance to be featured in next week’s post.