10 of the Most Beautiful Storage Boxes Ever
Even though it’s not quite time to roll up your sleeves for Spring cleaning, the new year is a great excuse to evaluate your organization habits. And let’s face it, we could all use a little boost in that department. So we’re here with a tip: we always find it easier to keep up with all your small trinkets and miscellaneous stuff when it’s stored in something as fabulous as the rest of your home decor. These 10 beautiful boxes will get the job done without skimping on style.
1. Kvittra ($9): Up the amount of pattern in your pad with this tricked out, tribal-inspired storage box made out of laminated cardboard. This stunner is one in a series of multi-sized and patterned boxes, so mix and match to your heart’s content.
2. Grey Felt File Box ($60): This might be the most fashion-forward file box we’ve ever set eyes on. Made of heathered menswear wool, this sturdy box would suit any modern office or study. Wish it had leather accents! That would really take it up a notch.
3. Storage Box Set ($54): Kate Spade does it again. These punchy nesting boxes with metallic trim are the pop of color your home has been waiting for.
4. Lucite File Organizer ($44): This lucite file organizer is a foolproof way to add a modern touch to any workspace. Color coded filing was never more appropriate.
5. Box Box Color Set of 3 ($34): We never knew we could be flat out obsessed with a cardboard box. This colorful, multi-sized set is a storage solution that stretches far beyond paper—think shoes, CDs, and even toiletries!
6. Nate Berkus File Box ($20): Bye bye bulk! These slim, ikat print storage boxes are perfectly sized for organizing your stuff.
7. Rifle Tin Recipe Box Set ($34): If your most important file tabs are labeled “pasta sauces” and “easy-bake breads,” then this dotted recipe tin is the file box for you. There might not be a chicer way to cherish your family’s culinary hand-me-downs.
8. Semikolon Document Box Autumn Collection ($20): Lay your most important papers, DIY supplies, or jewelry flat in these stackable boxes that open easily with a fabric tab. We’re smitten with this dreamy, ombre-like color scheme.
9. White Collapsible Storage Box ($12): This orange dipped, collapsible storage box might be the most durable option for stashing your stuff. It’s strong enough to hold heavy objects, too! (Think: sweaters, heavy belts, etc.)
10. 4040 Locust Medium Nylon Rope Basket ($49): Looking for more of an open-air storage option? These cool nylon rope baskets are an especially great fit for those of you who always like to see inside your storage. (Pro tip: this is an awesome hack for storing stuff in your closet. Because you can always see it, you’ll never forget what you own, but it will be tucked away nicely and neatly.)
What are your tips and tricks for staying organized in the new year? Tell us in the comments below.
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.