Breakfast might be the most important meal of the day, but lunch is often the most neglected. Between picking the easiest option (fast food!) and finding the time in the midst of a busy schedule, it’s no wonder we need that afternoon cup of coffee so badly. Despite what you may think, eating a healthy, delicious lunch every day doesn’t mean you have to devote your entire Sunday to meal prep, and we’re here to prove it. Here are 11 delicious lunch recipes you can make in five minutes or less.
2. Spicy Asian Chicken Salad: A store-bought rotisserie chicken means this salad comes together in a matter of minutes and that you’ll have plenty left over for the rest of the week. (via Linda Wagner)
3. Oven-Baked Tostadas: Make this mouthwatering lunch by popping a few corn tortillas in the oven to get them nice and crispy. Then spread on a thin layer of refried beans and your choice of taco toppings. (via Yellow Bliss Road)
4. Egg and Vegetable Bagel Sandwich: Light fluffy egg whites (just 90 seconds in the microwave!) are sandwiched between your favorite bagel/english muffin/bread for a meal that’s perfect any time of day. (via Foodie Crush)
5. Chicken Caprese Sandwich: Take the leftover chicken from last night’s dinner and put it on a slice of toasted baguette with thick tomato slices and a sprinkle of cheese. Slide the whole thing under the broiler for a minute and you’re ready to eat. It’s as easy as that. (via Iowa Girl Eats)
6. Pear + Blue Cheese Flatbread: The combination of sweet pears, salty blue cheese and a tangy cream cheese spread make this a lunch you’ll crave even after you’re done eating it. (via Clementine Daily)
7. Turkey Tomato Panini: Why order out when you can make something even better at home? This panini is packed with fresh turkey, grated parmigiano reggiano cheese, roma tomatoes and fresh basil. Bon appétit! (via Spache the Spatula)
8. Caprese Avocado Salad: A light + refreshing salad full of cubed avocado, fresh balls of mozzarella and a balsamic vinaigrette dressing is the ultimate lunch for a sweltering hot summer day. (via Damn Delicious)
9. Sunny Side Avocado Toast: Beef up your usual avocado toast with a sunny-side-up egg and a dash of salt, pepper and hot sauce. After noshing on this, you’ll have all the energy you need to conquer the rest of your day. (via Skinny Taste)
10. Chickpea Spinach Salad: Packed full of fiber, protein and vitamins A, E and C, this is one super salad both in taste and nutritional value. Pat yourself on the back and go in for seconds. (via Hurry the Food Up)
Which one of these quick lunches will you pencil into your schedule this week? We’d love to hear from you!