21 Incredibly Delicious Indian Recipes
Indian food is the orange lipstick of International cuisine. It’s exotic, it makes a statement and if you haven’t found your groove, it can be downright intimidating! From curry to chai tea, tikka masala to naan, we’re proving just how easy homemade Indian can be with these 21 recipes to show you the way!
1. Quick Vegan Chana Masala: A lazy girl’s guide to a classic, vegetarian curry. This one makes great leftovers! (via Cookie + Kate)
3. Creamy Saag Paneer: Today is the day you learn how to make homemade cheese. Or you can buy the paneer from the store and we won’t tell on you. Fresh Indian cheese is melted with garlicky spinach for a rich and cozy bowl of yum. (via A Spicy Perspective)
4. Indian Roasted Chickpeas: Humble, little ol’ chickpeas become a crowd-pleasing snack with these crunchy bite-sized flavor bombs. (via A Spicy Perspective)
5. Sweet Potato Samosas With Mango Chutney: This recipe uses sweet potatoes instead of white potatoes for an extra somethin’ special. Homemade mango chutney puts the finishing touch on a crowd-pleasing app or a delicious weeknight dinner just for you. (via Culinary Ginger)
9. Sweet + Sour Coriander Chutney: This versatile Indian condiment is the perfect compliment to any of the above or below dishes, and it’s a much more wholesome alternative to store-bought sauces or spreads. (via Cook With Manali)
10. Whole Roasted Tandoori Cauliflower With Mint Chutney: This whole roasted cauliflower is the perfect centerpiece for a vegetarian dinner party. Feel free to experiment with the spice blend and impress your guests with something completely unique. (via My New Roots)
17. Curry Grilled Vegetables With Chick Peas and Creamy Polenta: A delightful diversion from pasta or rice, polenta makes a creamy base for a wholesome mix of veggies and chick peas. (via Naturally Ella)
18. Mango Lassi: For those not well-versed in Indian cuisine, lassi is a creamy, refreshing yogurt drink popular in Northern India. Thick, creamy and refreshing with a burst of mango and a hint of cardamom, this mango lassi is exactly what you want right now. (via Easy Yummy Cookery)
Ever tried to recreate your favorite Indian dish at home? Give one (or all) of these a try and let us know what you think!