8 Creative Thanksgiving Turkey Crafts for Kids
You’re all about the turkey on Thanksgiving. You spend months researching recipes that are Pinteresting beyond words, and you’ve already started buying ingredients to dress it with. But your tot just isn’t as thrilled about helping prep for a massive feast, but still want to get into the T-Day spirit. Here’s where the crafting — and finger paints, pom-poms, and glue — comes in. Before you start cooking a mega-meal, spend some together-time getting artsy with your kiddo and these Thanksgiving turkey crafts.
1. Turkey Paper Plate Hat: Wearable art? Yes, please! This is the perfect parent-child holiday project. You help your kiddo to draw and cut out the super-sweet turkey shape, and your tot does all the painting. (via Pink Stripey Socks)
2. Coffee Filter Turkey Craft: Explore science and art with this colorful craft. Instead of textured feathers, your tot can paint a flow of watery hues. Try this artsy idea over and over again, creating different coffee filters to switch up with the turkey base. (via Buggy and Buddy)
3. Marble Painted Turkeys: Your tot is into playing with paint — in a major way. As long as you don’t mind the mess, break out the marbles and try this movement-made masterpiece idea. (via What Can We Do With Paper and Glue)
4. Turkey Pom-Pom Thanksgiving Craft: Help your kiddo to create this cuddly craft. Your little learner can practice their fine motor skills, explore through their sense of touch (discovering new textures), and help you to create adorable holiday decor. (via Growing Up Gabel)
5. Paper Bag Turkey Craft: A craft that pulls double duty is always welcome, and this pick does just that. Not only can your tot get artsy with this activity, but they can also use the finished products as a paper puppet. Put the turkey on their hand or yours and use it to tell a special Thanksgiving story. (via The Best Ideas for Kids)
6. Shaving Cream Turkey: Go all out with sensory exploration and make your own shaving cream paint. Use shapes to puzzle together a turkey and add feathers with a fluffy, puffy DIY paint. Your tot can mush, squish, smash, and swirl the shaving cream puff paint, creating layers of colors — and tons of fun! (via Mini Monets and Mommies)
7. Paper Plate Turkey: Turn a plain paper plate into a terrific turkey with a touch of paint. Okay, so this one requires a bit more than just a touch of paint, and that’s what your tot will totally love about it. (via I Heart Crafty Things)
8. Chocolate Kiss Turkey Craft: Your kiddo loves chocolate. Now combine the sweet, sweet candy with a playful craft, and you have a win-win. Bonus: your holiday guests will enjoy the cute little treats that your tot has helped to make. (via Crayons & Cravings)
What’s your favorite holiday craft? Share your pick and tweet us @BritandCo!