Crimped Hair Is Making a Major Comeback for Summer 2017
Get ready for the latest invasion of ’90s style this summer — but this time it has nothing to do fashion. Crimped hair — the textured, bent ‘do that was all the rage back when Taylor Swift was in diapers — is making a glorious comeback thanks to celebs like Gigi Hadid and Bella Thorne. Before you get visions of Saved by the Bell-era looks, scroll down for six modern takes that’ll have you looking on point this summer.
1. Free Flowin’: Bella Thorne went all out with a full head of crimped hair that totally gives off those classic #tbt vibes. Paired with a cool choker and some false lashes, she’s ready to take on the night.
2. Twisted Updo: One way to incorporate crimped hair into your look without going full-blown old-school is by incorporating the texture into an elegant updo. Bonus points if you add trending shades of blue and teal FTW.
3. Topknot Faux Hawk: This stylist took a simple half up-half down look and made it way more interesting. With crimped pieces in her double-tap-worthy topknots, she created a cool, yet edgy, twist on a lazy-girl fave.
4. Long Locks: When in doubt, do what Gigi Hadid does, right?! Add a bit of texture to your long locks with strategic sections of crimped strands for the ultimate volume-filled look.
5. Crimped Bangs: For the gal with straight-across bangs, crimping your face-framing fringe is the perfect way to add cool-girl vibes to your everyday ‘do. Keep the rest of your strands low-key and effortless for best results.
6. Fishtail Braid: One way to elevate a typical braid is by adding a cool creased wave throughout your plait. Be it fishtail or mermaid-inspired, your festival-ready style never looked so good.
Tweet us your favorite crimped hair inspo @BritandCo!