Crimped Hair Is Making a Major Comeback for Summer 2017
Get ready for the latest invasion of ’90s style this summer — but this time it has nothing to do fashion. Crimped hair — the textured, bent ‘do that was all the rage back when Taylor Swift was in diapers — is making a glorious comeback thanks to celebs like Gigi Hadid and Bella Thorne. Before you get visions of Saved by the Bell-era looks, scroll down for six modern takes that’ll have you looking on point this summer.
1. Free Flowin’: Bella Thorne went all out with a full head of crimped hair that totally gives off those classic #tbt vibes. Paired with a cool choker and some false lashes, she’s ready to take on the night.
View this post on Instagram
💙BRAIDS ON BRAIDS💙 Adding crimped texture is a subtle touch to add volume to any style. By @hollywiit #braids #braidedupdo #fishtailbraid #frenchfishtail #updo #updostyle #bluehair #bluebalayage #crimpedhair #crimpedtexture #bun #braidedbun #behindthechair #americansalon #hairbrained
A post shared by Smoke + Mirrors (@smokeandmirrorsbaltimore) on
2. Twisted Updo: One way to incorporate crimped hair into your look without going full-blown old-school is by incorporating the texture into an elegant updo. Bonus points if you add trending shades of blue and teal FTW.
3. Topknot Faux Hawk: This stylist took a simple half up-half down look and made it way more interesting. With crimped pieces in her double-tap-worthy topknots, she created a cool, yet edgy, twist on a lazy-girl fave.
4. Long Locks: When in doubt, do what Gigi Hadid does, right?! Add a bit of texture to your long locks with strategic sections of crimped strands for the ultimate volume-filled look.
5. Crimped Bangs: For the gal with straight-across bangs, crimping your face-framing fringe is the perfect way to add cool-girl vibes to your everyday ‘do. Keep the rest of your strands low-key and effortless for best results.
6. Fishtail Braid: One way to elevate a typical braid is by adding a cool creased wave throughout your plait. Be it fishtail or mermaid-inspired, your festival-ready style never looked so good.
Tweet us your favorite crimped hair inspo @BritandCo!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)