Not Your Grandma’s Crochet: 20 Modern Ways to Wear It
Easy, breezy, breathable — is there any question why crochet is a go-to during the blazing hot months? We think not. And lucky for all of us hiding underneath our wide-brim straw hats, here to save us from the heat are 20 ways to wear crochet that won’t leave you looking like your Grandma’s doily. We promise.
1. Pins And Needles Crochet Mini Skirt ($69): Things heating up on Tinder? A flirty little crochet skirt in subtle nude is a perfect first date pick.
2. Crochet Panel T-Shirt Playsuit ($96): Nothing is more perfect to run around town in this summer than a coral crochet playsuit.
4. Electric Summer Crochet Top ($36): Wearing crochet doesn’t mean sacrificing color. A bright pink crochet top will help you stand out from the crowd.
5. Bikini Top ($18): Simple white swimsuits are white hot in the summer sun. Up your game with a chic and textured top.
6. Free People Jacket Crochet Inset Baseball ($74): Play ball! The iconic baseball jacket gets a upgrade with crochet embellishments.
7. Timberland Women’s TOMS Crochet Blue Slip-On Sneaker ($60): We all know and love TOMS for their buy-a-pair/give-a-pair philosophy. Now they’ve partnered with Timberland and are adding a splash of color to your outfit with these cobalt blue kicks.
8. Crochet Lace Knit Top ($20): Embrace the ’60s in a boho-chic cream lace top that Brigitte Bardot would envy.
9. ASOS Crochet Tunic Dress ($80): Made from 100% cotton, this lovely lilac dress will keep you cool all summer long.
10. Heartbreaker Dress ($198): A full crochet dress can be worn for all occasions, from the office to a wedding.
11. New Look Morgan Clutch With Crochet Trim ($18): A sleek black and white clutch embraces the crochet trend yet will still work with everything in your closet.
12. Crochet Trim Blouse ($76): A blouse with a delicate crochet trim can stay casual with denim or dressed up with a chic pencil skirt.
13. Green Crochet Lace Earrings ($20): Add a little bling to your summer fling with these pretty crochet lace earrings sporting some serious sparkle with tiny crystals.
14. Red Valentino Black Crochet Knit Cotton Skirt ($160): Valentino proves that a skirt can be crocheted without being overly boho. This look is both subtle and office appropriate.
15. Raga Rainbow Crochet Bra Top ($42): Heading to a hot, hot, hot festival? Beat the heat in a rainbow bra top.
16. Retro Crochet Skater Skirt ($22): Neon + ankle boots keep crochet ultra modern.
17. Profile by Gottex Basics Crochet Cover Up Dress ($48): Finally, a pretty crochet cover up dress you’ll actually be comfortable wearing in public after a day at the beach.
18. Pattern Cardigan ($40): A long cardigan that goes with everything, it’s light enough to wear during the day but will still keep you warm when the sun goes down, making it the ultimate must-have in summer wear.
19. Jeffrey Campbell Foxy Platform ($135): Once you get these chunky ’70s-inspired platforms strapped on your feet, you’re gonna want to stomp around town even when the temps are sweltering.
20. Club L Crochet Skater Dress ($38): Are your weekends getting booked up with weddings? Make an inexpensive skater dress in coral your date for every loving one of them.
Are you a fan of crochet? Share how you rock it in the comments!