6 Cool-Girl Ways to Wear Culottes
The wide-leg, cropped-pant trend is making a serious comeback. Even style icons like Olivia Palermo and Jenna Lyons have been seen rocking them effortlessly, and well, if they wear them then we should too, right? They’re super versatile, surprisingly easy to style and look fabulous on every shape and size. That’s why we’ve taken to our fave fashion blogs and sites to get some major wide-leg-pant inspiration. Whether you are going for sophisticated and chic or sporty and laid back, these styles (and buys) will get you to culottes heaven, no prob.
1. Street Chic: Go the slouchy route with oversized pieces while still maintaining chic-street-style status. How, you ask? Create a monochromatic color scheme by making sure your coat ($298), scarf ($39) and heels ($298) match impeccably for a streamlined and polished finish. (via Atlantic-Pacific)
2. Big Business: Hit your 9-to-5 in style with the perfect mix of playful and sophisticated. A combination of sleek solids and a hint of print will show you mean business. The best part about this look is that a lightweight jacket ($149) and heels ($298) will seamlessly transition into spring and summer. Be sure to accessorize with a #girlboss attitude. (via Memorandum)
3. Cropped Top + Culottes Combo: The secret to pulling off this look is to make sure your pants fall just above your hips. A fitted cropped top ($9) offsets the flowy pants ($74) for a perfectly proportionate getup. This winning combination calls for cocktails with the girls. Who’s in? (via Girl With Curves)
4. Daily Denim: We’re jumping for fashion joy thanks to this take on denim culottes ($74). Who knew styling two boxy pieces together would look so chic? To make it yours, go for a timeless structured top ($62) and add height with your pointed pumps ($168) or platforms ($119). (via Style.com)
5. Basic Babe: We’re totally swooning over this simplistic, laid-back style. Belted culottes ($158) styled with a simple tank top, slip-ons ($60) and dainty jewelry give us instant inspiration for our weekend wardrobe. Brunch, anyone? (via We Wore What)
6. Twin Set: Matching separates never disappoint and we’re not willing to let them go anytime soon. If you’re going to rock these bold pants ($80), you might as well find a matching top ($70). You could let a twin set speak for itself, or throw on a pair of sleek heels ($60) and minimal jewelry ($26) for a stylish office-to-happy-hour transition. (via Zara)
Will you be rocking culottes this season? Tell us in the comments below!
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.