6 Cool-Girl Ways to Wear Culottes
The wide-leg, cropped-pant trend is making a serious comeback. Even style icons like Olivia Palermo and Jenna Lyons have been seen rocking them effortlessly, and well, if they wear them then we should too, right? They’re super versatile, surprisingly easy to style and look fabulous on every shape and size. That’s why we’ve taken to our fave fashion blogs and sites to get some major wide-leg-pant inspiration. Whether you are going for sophisticated and chic or sporty and laid back, these styles (and buys) will get you to culottes heaven, no prob.
1. Street Chic: Go the slouchy route with oversized pieces while still maintaining chic-street-style status. How, you ask? Create a monochromatic color scheme by making sure your coat ($298), scarf ($39) and heels ($298) match impeccably for a streamlined and polished finish. (via Atlantic-Pacific)
2. Big Business: Hit your 9-to-5 in style with the perfect mix of playful and sophisticated. A combination of sleek solids and a hint of print will show you mean business. The best part about this look is that a lightweight jacket ($149) and heels ($298) will seamlessly transition into spring and summer. Be sure to accessorize with a #girlboss attitude. (via Memorandum)
3. Cropped Top + Culottes Combo: The secret to pulling off this look is to make sure your pants fall just above your hips. A fitted cropped top ($9) offsets the flowy pants ($74) for a perfectly proportionate getup. This winning combination calls for cocktails with the girls. Who’s in? (via Girl With Curves)
4. Daily Denim: We’re jumping for fashion joy thanks to this take on denim culottes ($74). Who knew styling two boxy pieces together would look so chic? To make it yours, go for a timeless structured top ($62) and add height with your pointed pumps ($168) or platforms ($119). (via Style.com)
5. Basic Babe: We’re totally swooning over this simplistic, laid-back style. Belted culottes ($158) styled with a simple tank top, slip-ons ($60) and dainty jewelry give us instant inspiration for our weekend wardrobe. Brunch, anyone? (via We Wore What)
6. Twin Set: Matching separates never disappoint and we’re not willing to let them go anytime soon. If you’re going to rock these bold pants ($80), you might as well find a matching top ($70). You could let a twin set speak for itself, or throw on a pair of sleek heels ($60) and minimal jewelry ($26) for a stylish office-to-happy-hour transition. (via Zara)
Will you be rocking culottes this season? Tell us in the comments below!
Our undergarments might have taken a backseat in 2020, but with a new year upon us, we're feeling inspired to reprioritize our most intimate clothing layer — especially in time for Valentine's Day. Because hey, what better way to kickstart a season of self-love than by treating yourself to a confidence-boosting set of lingerie?
We turned to trusted intimates brand Adore Me to set us straight on trends for the year ahead, featuring size-inclusive bodysuits, romantic bustiers, lacy babydoll styles, and everything in between. Luxe sets start at $24.95 with free shipping and exchanges, and if you're not sure what style would work best for you, Adore Me has an at-home styling service called the Elite Box. You can try everything on from the comfort and safety of your home, keep what you love, and send back the rest totally hassle-free. Need more to pique your interest? Scroll ahead to see the silky lingerie and loungewear pieces we're adding to our cart.
Adore Me Svana Contour Set ($24.95): You can't go wrong with this playful satin cherry print and lace design.
Adore Me Luana Camisole & Short Set ($24.95): It was about time for a PJ upgrade, and this silky set is perfect for sweet dreamin' and lounging around the house.
Adore Me Gynger Unlined Set ($24.95): Va-va-voom! Hands-down the sexiest piece in the collection, this bra boasts a fiery red bow and skin-showing cups — literally confidence in a bra!
Adore Me Evetta Unlined Set ($24.95): This barely-there flouncy lace set is for when you'd almost rather wear nothing at all.
Adore Me Desirae Robe ($24.95): Take your self-care to the next level with this so-soft robe with subtle lace detailing.
Adore Me Clarisse Unlined Bodysuit ($24.95): This floral lace bodysuit with adjustable attached garters is straight out of our lingerie fantasy.
Adore Me Charlize Unlined Set ($24.95): If plum is more your power color, you'll love this sheer lace set.
Adore Me Helene Cheeky Plus (5 for $20): Our underwear drawer needs a little TLC too, and these comfy undies with coverage are the answer.
Adore Me Kaia Contour Plus Set ($24.95): Cutouts are all the rage, so why not have them in your underwear too?
Adore Me Kaia Contour Set ($24.95): Oh, and it comes in fire engine red — yes, please!
Adore Me Clarisse Bodysuit ($24.95): If you weren't sure about bodysuits, let this classic style change your mind.
Adore Me Corina Push Up Bustier ($24.95): Like more volume in the cleavage area? This sexy corset situation is for you.