6 Cool-Girl Ways to Wear Culottes
The wide-leg, cropped-pant trend is making a serious comeback. Even style icons like Olivia Palermo and Jenna Lyons have been seen rocking them effortlessly, and well, if they wear them then we should too, right? They’re super versatile, surprisingly easy to style and look fabulous on every shape and size. That’s why we’ve taken to our fave fashion blogs and sites to get some major wide-leg-pant inspiration. Whether you are going for sophisticated and chic or sporty and laid back, these styles (and buys) will get you to culottes heaven, no prob.
1. Street Chic: Go the slouchy route with oversized pieces while still maintaining chic-street-style status. How, you ask? Create a monochromatic color scheme by making sure your coat ($298), scarf ($39) and heels ($298) match impeccably for a streamlined and polished finish. (via Atlantic-Pacific)
2. Big Business: Hit your 9-to-5 in style with the perfect mix of playful and sophisticated. A combination of sleek solids and a hint of print will show you mean business. The best part about this look is that a lightweight jacket ($149) and heels ($298) will seamlessly transition into spring and summer. Be sure to accessorize with a #girlboss attitude. (via Memorandum)
3. Cropped Top + Culottes Combo: The secret to pulling off this look is to make sure your pants fall just above your hips. A fitted cropped top ($9) offsets the flowy pants ($74) for a perfectly proportionate getup. This winning combination calls for cocktails with the girls. Who’s in? (via Girl With Curves)
4. Daily Denim: We’re jumping for fashion joy thanks to this take on denim culottes ($74). Who knew styling two boxy pieces together would look so chic? To make it yours, go for a timeless structured top ($62) and add height with your pointed pumps ($168) or platforms ($119). (via Style.com)
5. Basic Babe: We’re totally swooning over this simplistic, laid-back style. Belted culottes ($158) styled with a simple tank top, slip-ons ($60) and dainty jewelry give us instant inspiration for our weekend wardrobe. Brunch, anyone? (via We Wore What)
6. Twin Set: Matching separates never disappoint and we’re not willing to let them go anytime soon. If you’re going to rock these bold pants ($80), you might as well find a matching top ($70). You could let a twin set speak for itself, or throw on a pair of sleek heels ($60) and minimal jewelry ($26) for a stylish office-to-happy-hour transition. (via Zara)
Will you be rocking culottes this season? Tell us in the comments below!