11 Dreamy Plus-Size Wedding Gowns from the Most Unexpected Place
Now that you’re engaged, you probably have Pinterest board after Pinterest board of DIY wedding ideas (or maybe you’re not and you just like planning ahead. Hey, we don’t judge!). Undeniably, one of the most important aspects of your wedding day is going to be your dress. As a booming nine-billion-dollar industry, plus-size clothing is super in demand these days, and wedding gowns are a big part of it. But where can you find the dreamiest plus-size dresses for your big day? Believe it or not, David’s Bridal. Yup, your local bridal retailing chain actually stocks some of the most stunning dresses, and we’ve got a roundup of 11 of them right here. So, take a peek — whether you’ve got a ring on that finger or not.
1. Lace Trumpet + Cap Sleeves ($950): This drop waist, sleeveless trumpet is simply gorgeous. Pair this one with a long lace veil for a subtly romantic look.
3. Dreamy Flutter Sleeves ($250): This lovely number would look stunning with loose curls for a casual summer wedding on a beach. Just imagine the sun setting behind you as the wind blows the fluttery sleeves of your gown. *sigh*
4. Beaded + Lace-Up ($600): This ballgown looks expensive without breaking the bank. The lace-up corset detail in the back is also a nice touch.
5. Regal Tea Length ($900): Another tea length! But this one has an added touch of formality with lace long sleeves. Seriously, this versatile dress would transition beautifully from a formal ceremony to a reception party.
6. Beaded Lace Sheath ($1450): Ditch the stark white for this beige statement-making beaded sheath. The long sleeves, the scalloped design and the button detail will make your wedding photos look timeless.
7. Ballgown + Pockets ($1850): This illusion-neck ballgown has crazy beautiful lace appliqué detail AND pockets. Classy + convenient. That’s definitely the best of both worlds.
8. Romantic A-Line ($824): This beautiful Monique Lhullier-esque gown (minus the price) is pretty much the most romantic thing you could wear on your big day. Add a crystal studded belt for extra oomph.
9. Crystal Tulle Ballgown ($1150): Talk about making an entrance. Imagine walking down the aisle in this crystal-studded bodice and all that tulle. Your S.O. will definitely not be able to take his/her eyes off you.
10. Tulle + Vintage ($400): Another sweet, shorter-length number for the bride who wants plenty of movement and style. This tea-length dress also has a retro feel, but you can style it however you like.
11. Strapless Ruffled Glam ($1024): Drama is good… when it has to do with the style of your dress. This intricately beaded + ruffled ballgown is definitely dramatic, and also gorgeous. Go big or go home, right?
What do you think of David’s Bridal’s plus-size line? Tell us in the comments below!
(Photos via David’s Bridal)