15 Drop Dead Gorgeous City Hall Weddings
Forget what any TV show or movie ever made you think about city hall weddings. You might think of them as a place where couples go to elope and seal the deal quickly. While you’ve probably always pictured your wedding in a church or some other dreamy venue, it seems we may have been underestimating a ceremony held in the city’s headquarters.
1. Denmark Nuptials: There’s just so much to love about this Copenhagen City Hall ceremony. From her detailed, knee-length dress to the beautiful brick and black building, you won’t be missing that hotel banquet room one bit. (via Amanda Thomsen)
3. Stunning Reception: And while you’re at St. Louis City Hall tying the knot, why not stick around and host your reception there as well? This stunning event held in the foyer of the building totally blows a basic hotel ballroom out of the water. (via Mike Cassimatis)
4. Coordinating Couple: One of the beautiful things about a city hall wedding is that the attire can be whatever you want it to be. These two kept it simple, but still coordinated with each other in bright yellow accents. (via Muna Luchi Bride)
7. San Francisco Stunner: These Northern Carolina natives hosted their wedding in the city hall of the West Coast city that stole their hearts. Possibly the most picturesque city hall of them all, San Francisco offers couples anything but a basic courthouse wedding. Tie the knot on a grand staircase and under a beautifully engraved dome ceiling. (via Emily Scannell)
10. Irish in Love: Put an unique spin on a destination wedding and zip over to Dublin’s City Hall to get ditched. The marble and stone adds a grandeur to even to simplest ceremony. (via Elisha Clarke)
11. Political Ties: For this couple who are both politically involved in the city of Houston, hosting their big day at the place where most of their lives happen was kind of a no-brainer. (via Christa Elyce)
13. Non Traditional Traditions: Who needs a white dress when you have a floral stunner like this one? The beauty of a courthouse wedding is that a non-traditional gown is not only accepted, but almost expected. So wear whatever the heck you want! These two did and they look amazing. (via LL Style Photo)
15. Under Arches: Get married in the grand entrance of San Francisco’s City Hall and then slip upstairs and snap an epic picture like this under one of the hall’s many grand arches. (via Kylie Chevalier)
Did you get hitched at city hall? Which city did you do it in? Share with us in the comments below.