16 Anything-But-Basic Denim Jackets You’ll Want to Layer on This Season
Just when you thought a denim jacket had no place in your winter wardrobe, think again. The latest crop of anything-but-basic denim toppers is simply too game-changing to be ignored. This season, maximalism is the word. Whether you opt for lavish embellishments, rad embroideries, or funky fur, there’s no shortage of ways to let your inner glamazon shine through while you layer up. Keep scrolling for 16 extra AF denim jackets that seriously bring the swagger.
1. Valfre Goodbye Denim Jacket ($98): It’s written in the stars. This one-eyed Saturn jacket is yours for the taking. Now go and spread the word to all your supernova babes.
2. Lazy Oaf Oversized Denim Love Jacket With All Over Hearts Co-Ord ($155): We don’t typically play favorites, but this allover heart-embroidered denim jacket has us feeling some sort of way (loves it).
3. The Style Club Love Club Vintage Denim Jacket ($59): This vintage embroidered denim jacket, courtesy of The Style Club, would rank high on any cool girl’s agenda.
4. H&M Rhinestone Denim Jacket ($80): Dial up the sparkle factor this holiday season with a rhinestone-embellished denim jacket that’s ready to fête past the stroke of midnight.
5. Unemployed Denim Flash Jacket ($218): Hurry — this one-of-a-kind denim souvenir jacket will be gone in a flash.
6. Blank NYC Jacket ($128): Frayed edges (sorry, mom!) are everywhere this season. Just add your beloved vegan leather skinnies for a DGAF ‘tude that’s perfect for daytime errands and post-work drinks alike.
7. Free People Jamie Jean Jacket ($298): This is the patchwork denim jacket that will prove to be an indispensable layering piece in the dead of winter.
8. Topshop Moto Oversized Denim Fishnet Jacket ($130): Go punk with this ’90s-esque denim jacket featuring fishnet inserts… well, all over. A snap-front denim mini and Dr. Martens will ensure a hella dope lewk.
9. Mango Faux Shearling-Lined Denim Jacket ($130): Meet your new snuggle buddy for life. This inside-out shearling-lined denim jacket totally gives off that comfy-cozy log cabin feeling.
10. RE/DONE Denim Crop Jacket ($440): Cropped and ready to mingle, this repurposed Levi’s jacket from RE/DONE will be perfectly suitable for all your after-hours needs. Hit the dance floor with a silk slip dress and peep-toe ankle boots for triple the slayage.
11. Zara Denim Coat With Faux Fur ($119): You do YOU. This midi-length denim jacket is as fierce as it is fabulous. Okay, we’d be lying if we didn’t say we’re in it exclusively for the fuzzy green collar and larger-than-life matching cuffs.
12. H&M Denim Jacket ($60): The Wild West calls! This prairie floral printed denim jacket with Americana flair will have you craving femme pleats and petal pink everything.
13. Front Row Shop Oversized Faux Fur Denim Jacket ($110): This is not your everyday blue jean jacket. Between the oversized fit and faux fur lining, you’ll 100 percent seek solace in this toss-on-and-go topper this winter.
14. Here / Now Chloe Denim Jacket ($340): Be prepared to stop traffic in Here / Now’s hooded longline denim jacket (with satin leopard-print lining, natch) that looks just as striking with glittery Manolos as a head-turning pair of fluffy pom-pom-topped kicks.
15. UO Pearl + Denim Trucker Jacket ($109): Can you count the ways to style this pearl-accented denim trucker jacket? The limit does not exist. Take on the upcoming holiday party circuit with a crushed velvet party dress, or play it cool with a white tee and vintage Mom jeans.
16. PSWL Denim Drawstring Jacket ($575): Maximize your cool-girl factor in this simple, cinched-detailed take on your old favorite.
What’s your denim jacket personality? Follow us on Pinterest for more fall style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.