How to Make Denim Shorts Red-Carpet Ready, a la Kendall Jenner
We just love us a denim short — who doesn’t? They’re classic and cool, and pretty much the epitome of summer style. You already know you can wear cutoffs at any age, but what if we told you that you can style those jorts for evening? It can be done. Don’t believe us? Just peep Kendall Jenner slaying the look on the Fashion for Relief red carpet during the 2017 Cannes Film Festival.
We were kind of stunned too. In addition to rocking this totally unexpected combo with complete confidence, Jenner somehow made the jean-shorts-with-heels thing chic and decidedly un-cheesy. The key? A super dramatic top that is unmistakably party ready. Want to try dressing up your denim? Just break out your favorite shorts, then shop our red-carpet-ready top roundup below.
1. Endless Rose One Shoulder Ruffle Top ($85): The one-shoulder style is tied with ruffles for summer’s most valuable trend. In crisp white cotton, it looks hot but feels cool.
2. Petersyn Kensington Tank ($398): Channel your inner Jenner and bring on the drama in a next-level camisole. Bonus points for incorporating a classic summertime print like gingham.
3. Zara Asymmetric Top ($50): Bright yellow feels even bolder when combined with a dramatic, drapey hem. Add a pair of denim shorts and you’ve got an instant showstopper.
4. Fame and Partners Carly Top ($159): Black and white is anything but basic when you add voluminous sleeves into the mix.
5. Caroline Constas Carmen Top ($520): The delicate toile-inspired print combined with dramatic ruffles spells swoon-worthy. Pair it with white denim cutoffs for off-the-charts style.
6. H&M Double-Layer Chiffon Blouse ($35): Slay this summer in an easy-breezy top with plenty of frills to go around. Dress it down with denim for an effortless look that screams fashion queen.
Want more celeb style inspo? Follow us on Pinterest!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
(Photo via Antony Jones/Getty)
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)