We just love us a denim short — who doesn’t? They’re classic and cool, and pretty much the epitome of summer style. You already know you can wear cutoffs at any age, but what if we told you that you can style those jorts for evening? It can be done. Don’t believe us? Just peep Kendall Jenner slaying the look on the Fashion for Relief red carpet during the 2017 Cannes Film Festival.
We were kind of stunned too. In addition to rocking this totally unexpected combo with complete confidence, Jenner somehow made the jean-shorts-with-heels thing chic and decidedly un-cheesy. The key? A super dramatic top that is unmistakably party ready. Want to try dressing up your denim? Just break out your favorite shorts, then shop our red-carpet-ready top roundup below.
1. Endless Rose One Shoulder Ruffle Top ($85): The one-shoulder style is tied with ruffles for summer’s most valuable trend. In crisp white cotton, it looks hot but feels cool.
2. Petersyn Kensington Tank ($398): Channel your inner Jenner and bring on the drama in a next-level camisole. Bonus points for incorporating a classic summertime print like gingham.
3. Zara Asymmetric Top ($50): Bright yellow feels even bolder when combined with a dramatic, drapey hem. Add a pair of denim shorts and you’ve got an instant showstopper.
4. Fame and Partners Carly Top ($159): Black and white is anything but basic when you add voluminous sleeves into the mix.
5. Caroline Constas Carmen Top ($520): The delicate toile-inspired print combined with dramatic ruffles spells swoon-worthy. Pair it with white denim cutoffs for off-the-charts style.
6. H&M Double-Layer Chiffon Blouse ($35): Slay this summer in an easy-breezy top with plenty of frills to go around. Dress it down with denim for an effortless look that screams fashion queen.
Want more celeb style inspo? Follow us on Pinterest!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
(Photo via Antony Jones/Getty)