Celebrate Blue Jeans’ Birthday With Pinterest’s 10 Most Searched Denim Trends
Did you know that May 20 is the birthday of the invention of blue jeans? Yeah, neither did we. It’s time to celebrate by having fun with your denim. Why? Well, because everyone else is, for one. According to Pinterest, pinners are looking to refresh their denim with all sorts of updates, searching trends including patchwork, fringed hems, and embellishment. No longer just a basic, women want their denim to look fun and fresh — and are taking to the app for inspo. Below, the top 10 denim categories trending on Pinterest right now and where to snag them for yourself.
Cropped Flare Denim
The MVP denim shape RN, try them with a wrap blouse and pumps, a la Aimee Song. (Photo via Aimee Song)
1. Maybe it’s their ability to seamlessly transition from heels to flats to sneakers. Maybe it’s their quirky, geek-chic vibe. Either way, cropped flare jeans like these Who What Wear X Target Women’s Crop Flare Denim ($25) are officially a closet must-have.
2. A relaxed pair like these GRLFRND Helena Straight Crop Jeans ($228) are a less clingy (and less exposing) way to take on the trend. Perfection.
Let it all hang out this season — all the threads, that is. Bonus points for pairing with edgy ballet flats. (Photo via ohhcouture)
3. Fringey, frayed hems like these Pistola Tallis Comfort Crop Flare Jeans ($98) give you a dose of edgy without looking sloppy. Give ’em here, now.
Why pick one wash when you can have two? Two-tone denim makes a statement all its own, even when worn with just a simple cami. (Photo via fashionsgirl)
4. Pieced-together pairs like these DL1961 Mara Instasculpt Ankle Straight Step-Hem Jeans ($198) look vintage and reworked, but with a modern, stretchy fit. #Bestofbothworlds.
Take that reworked vibe one step further with this DIY-inspired trend. If you’re really bold, try it from head to toe (AKA: denim on denim on denim…). (Photo via Jay Miranda)
5. No time to actually do it yourself? Try a pair that looks homemade, like these Topshop MOTO Tonal Embroidered Mom Jeans ($140).
Jewels, embroidery, and all kinds of embellishments make your jeans into hero pieces. Go all black with pearl accents like Nicolette Mason did or try other special details. (Photo via Nicolette Mason)
6. Or embrace the trend with a pair of Vintage America Embroidered Straight-Leg Jeans ($90). Why should accessories have all the fun?
Nothing really says summer casual quite like a denim mini skirt and a classic tee. (Photo via fashionmenow)
7. Throw on this G-Star Raw Arc Button A-Line Skirt ($75) with sneakers for day, then embellished flat sandals for night. Memorial Day weekend, here you come!
This trend has some staying power. Try them in black with sleek flats and prove that moms are cool — and so are their jeans. (Photo via The Closet Heroes)
8. Or just rock a standard blue like the ASOS Original Mom Jean ($51). Then bust out all your cropped shirts for the perfect balance.
Wide Leg Denim
When you just need some room to breathe, opt for a wider leg opening. For extra ease, try them with a longer layer on top. (Photo via Garance Dore)
9. Not only do they look effortlessly cool, but wide legs like these Madewell High Rise Crop Wide Leg Jeans ($128) won’t stick to you when the weather heats up.
Yes, you can wear overalls as a grown up. Just keep them sophisticated by pairing with a white button-down. (Photo via Man Repeller)
10. When layering with more casual pieces like tees, go for a tailored style like these Frame Denim Overalls ($245). You’ll be sleek and comfy all at once.
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.