Denim Nails Are the Latest Mani Trend Blowing Up Your Instagram Feed
Independence Day is nearly upon us, which means we’re about to see a whole lot of red, white, and, if the latest trending mani is any indicator, denim blue. If you’re tired of the traditional red-white-and-blue nail art, you’re in luck: We’ve got just the way for you to show off your patriotism with something a little less… orthodox. Better yet, you’ll be able to sport the look long after the holiday has ended. Meet denim nails.
The blue jean nail art has been making the rounds on Instagram, and it’s seriously transfixing. While some people are opting for a simple 2D take on the look with a specific polish, like Nail Inc’s Denim Effect polish in Bermondsey ($7 on eBay), others are using embellishments and painting patterns to give it a rougher, 3D feel. Check out some of the top looks below!
1. Distressed Blues: This woman’s real nails poked out from underneath to give the illusion of ripped jeans, with threading details as the icing on the cake.
2. Texture Galore: Nails Inc. created its own Denim Effect Textured Polish in Bermondsey ($7), which this Instagrammer definitely used to her advantage, adding a crisscross accent nail to give her some added oomph. When worn together, it looks like an outfit on her fingertips!
3. Half and Half: This artist created a beautiful half denim, half floral masterpiece by juxtaposing the girly pattern with some seriously impressive marbled blues. She topped it all off with a bit of gold tape for a seriously high-fashion look. Wowza!
4. Seaweed Jeans: Bio Seaweed Gel ($14) is the secret to creating this faded denim look, complete with threads and bedazzled edges.
5. Finger-Sized Couture: If subtlety isn’t your game, ask your nail tech to give you something more like this, with Chanel logo accents and sparkly jewels besides on a talon-length faded wash background.
Will you get a denim mani for the Fourth? What color(s) are you rocking now? Tell us @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.