By now, you’ve probably already narrowed down your go-to palette for the season. Apart from the hot harvest orange jumpsuits and blush pink skirts, there’s one more fall-esque neutral that you need to add to your repertoire STAT. We’re talkin’ about none other than camel. This tan hue is not only ultra versatile to pair with other pieces in your closet, but it also gives any piece of clothing or accessory a luxe punch (not to mention it makes for a mean knit sweater or wool mini). Check out these 14 camel-colored wardrobe essentials that will rival even your most prized camel coat.
1. Clare V. Simple Tote ($485): Don’t let the name fool ya — this functional suede tote is a far cry from blasé. The royal blue stripes will add an unexpected pop to your weekend uniform and allow you to tote around all of your essentials in style. #Winning
2. ASOS Wool Mix A-Line Mini Skirt With Contrast PU Pockets ($63): Camel skirts with pockets FTW! Enter the cold weather staple that every girl should have tucked away in her arsenal for safekeeping. Bring this sartorial showstopper out with some heeled ankle boots and an oversized mock-neck sweater for an off-duty look.
3. Helene Berman Camel Vest With Button Closure ($171 on SALE): Forget #sweaterweather — it’s officially vest weather. Basically a chic security blanket in disguise, this wool camel topper can do no wrong. Slip it over a turtleneck sweater, black skinnies and stylish steppers for work or play.
4. ASOS CURVE T-Shirt Dress With Kimono Sleeves ($45): Bye- bye, morning wardrobe conundrum. Getting dressed can now be as easy as “toss on + go” thanks to this camel t-shirt dress with awesome kimono sleeves. Team it up with a pendant necklace and suede booties for a foolproof look that can be styled on the fly.
5. YARNZ Embrace Scarf ($210): If you’re not 100% gung-ho about camel yet, then take baby steps, starting with this abstract printed scarf. Pssst: It’s cashmere, so you know it’s going to be all sorts of cozy-chic.
6. Forever 21 Contemporary Chevron-Patterned Longline Sweater ($28): Give your seasonal fair isle prints a break — or at least mix it up a bit — by introducing this little chevron number into the equation. The extra-long length not only makes it the ultimate layering piece (hello, stay-at-home leggings), but it looks just as good with plain ol’ jeans.
7. Silence + Noise Rib Knit Dress ($39 on SALE): Go ahead and channel your inner French girl with this plunging neckline dress that will straight-up stun on any occasion. DO accessorize it with a chic neck scarf and over-the-knee boots when hump day arrives.
8. MOTO Camel Leigh Jeans ($65): Fake it ‘til you make it with these camel moto style jeans that will lend a rocker ‘tude to your daily getup. Add in some studded ankle boots and a leather jacket for a night on the town.
9. Topshop Saddle Bag ($58): This just may be our favorite throwback style yet. Going hand-in-hand with your boho flares and bell sleeve tops, leather saddle bags are officially a cool-girl thang. Black jeans and stripes are obligatory.
10. Vince Colorblock Cashmere Cardigan ($395): Unleash your inner prepster with this camel and navy (major #swoon) colorblock cardigan that can be worn with ease in too-cold office cubicles or when out and about.
11. Jeffrey Campbell Brielle Lace-Up Suede Pump ($150): Black pumps are so overrated. Dare to be different with these camel lace-up pumps that don’t mess around. Whether partnered with a slouchy knit sweater dress or a black culotte jumpsuit, these suede steppers are destined for sartorial greatness.
12. Forever 21 Faux Leather A-Line Skirt ($25): Pull out ALL the stops by donning this faux leather A-line skirt with as much panache as you’ve got. Add a daring cape, a bow blouse or lace crop top and you have a sophisticated #OOTD on your hands. OR change things up by opting for an athleisure look with some old-school Adidas kicks.
13. Free People Felt Hat ($58): Get back to your boho roots with this camel wool felt hat that calls for boho maxis, boyish overalls + weekends spent laying low.
14. Missguided Premium Pleated Culottes ($51): Keep the retro vibes coming with a pair of the season’s most lustworthy camel culottes. Roomy and right on-trend, these bad boys will take you from the corporate grind to cocktail hour just like that.
Will you be incorporating camel into your fall wardrobe rotation? Let us know on the comments below!