8 Ways to Destress on Your Wedding Day
It’s your wedding day. You’re jittery (in a good way) and full of joyful anticipation. You’ve nailed down your bridal look and are ready for what’s to come. While this excitement is part of the whole experience, it’s important to be able to take a step back, relax and find ways to avoid wedding-day stress so you can really take in every moment. Don’t let your anxiety take away from the fun of your wedding; try one of these eight products that will help destress your day on your biggest day.
1. Captain Blankenship New Moon Spray ($20): This cleansing spray is made with organic lemon + lime oils, which refresh your mind and body. Spritz this stuff in your general vicinity as you put the finishing touches on your bridal look, and you’ll be totally chill as you walk down the aisle.
2. UMA Pure Calm Wellness Oil ($85): Soothing chamomile and lavender oil will calm your nerves as part of the balanced blend of ingredients in this wellness oil. Apply it to the backs of your wrists to relax your muscles and banish those jitters.
3. NEOM Complete Bliss Scented Travel Candle ($23): Light this baby up as you primp and prep — its therapeutic scent will instantly chill you TF out and bring on super calm vibes. Rose oil is also known to improve your mood — not that you won’t already be on cloud nine :)
4. Oxygen Plus O+ Skinni Natural ($36): This concept might seem a little wacky, but it’s legit — this three-pack of canned oxygen could be just what you need on your big day. The O+ Skinni will perk you up by regulating your bod’s oxygen levels. You’ll feel refreshed, energized and ready to take on one of the most important days of your life.
5. Sound Oasis Sound Therapy Machine ($59): Tune in and tune out with this sound machine that’ll help you channel tropical island vibes before you even leave for your honeymoon. Relax with the sounds of the ocean, rain and more in the morning to set the tone for the rest of the day.
6. PLANT Calm Down Organic Body Oil ($38): After you step out of the shower, smooth this silky oil on to channel that Om and nourish your skin. Its main ingredient is rice bran oil, which will deeply hydrate your skin, while the ginger and lavender essential oils will put your mind at ease.
7. rootfoot Palo Santo Bundle ($18): Burn these sticks to usher in good vibes on the morning of your nuptials. Made from Ecuadorian wood, Palo Santo sticks are said to create sacred space and eliminate negative energy when burned, making them a worthwhile addition to your wedding day game plan.
8. Graydon Clinical Luxury Face Food Mineral Mist ($32): Bust out this “face food” throughout the day whenever you’re in need of a refresher. This stuff works great after you moisturize your skin and as a quick beauty hack to freshen up your makeup mid-day.
Follow us on Pinterest for more wedding day inspo + must-haves.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)