This Colorful DIY Advent Calendar Doubles As Cute Holiday Decor
December is upon us, which means we are officially on the road to Christmas. A creative advent calendar is a great way to get in the holiday spirit and count down the days until Santa makes his appearance. So today, we’re back with the ultimate DIY advent calendar. If you decide to try this colorful project, one thing is for sure: It will become an instant statement piece no matter where you put it ;)
Materials and Tools:
1. Cover your 20.5 x 13-inch card stock with some marble contact paper.
2. Download, print and cut out our template.
3. Use some glue and cute washi tape to stick the tag to the cardboard.
4. Glue some greenery as shown below.
5. Add colorful touches to the calendar, like some stickers or cute pom-poms.
6. Use transparent thread and tape to attach some tiny presents. I decided to add one present per week.
7. Complete with gold Christmas accessories.
Start by covering your 20.5 x 13-inch card stock with some marble contact paper. Then download, print and cut out our advent calendar template. Now use a glue stick and colorful washi tape to attach the tag to the cardboard, and then use the glue gun to add some greenery, as shown above.
Now it’s time for the fun part: Add colorful touches to the calendar, like some stickers or cute pom-poms. Next, use transparent thread and tape to attach some tiny presents. I decided to add one present per week (a pair of stud earrings, a mini chocolate bar and travel-sized makeup), but feel free to add as many as you want. Last but not least, complete the calendar with gold Christmas accessories. Ta-dah! You’re done.
I’m sure this cutie will be the center of attention all month long.
What are you hiding in your advent calendars? Share some pictures on Instagram with the hashtag #britstagram.