14 Nursery and Newborn DIYs to Make You a Baby Shower Star
If you’re a DIYer at heart, giving your best friend, favorite sister, heck, even your coworker a registry baby gift is NOT going to fly. Whether for the nursery or the bundle of joy, there’s a sweet, craftable gift for everybaby shower, and we’ve rounded up some of our favorites here. Get busy and get ready to bask in all the compliments your handmade-with-love treasures are definitely going to garner.
1. Printable Nursery Closet Dividers: Keeping all those adorable little clothes straight can be tricky. Help your favorite mama-to-be get that closet in order with these handy closet dividers. (via A Beautiful Mess)
2. DIY Wooden Bead Pendant Light: Just because it’s for baby doesn’t mean it has be in pastels. Bring the whimsy and color of this single pendant light to a nursery near you. (via A New Bloom)
3. DIY Geometric Mobile: Use it as a room accent or hang this shapely paper creation up as a mobile for baby to enjoy. Get mama-to-be to give you her nursery color scheme in advance and you’ll be good to go. (via Dekotopia)
4. DIY Modern Wood Rattles: Who needs a silver spoon when you can give a unique rattle. Nontoxic paint in high-contrast black and white make this a gift baby you’ll keep coming back to. (via Almost Makes Perfect)
5. DIY It’s a Small World Wooden Blocks: Building blocks are a must for all kids, but why get them a plain ol’ set when you could make them a custom version inspired by the kid-favorite ride? (Disney-obsessed mamas will flip over this!) (via A Waltz Through Disney)
6. DIY Peg Doll Woodland Animals: They’re the perfect shape for small hands to grab, and the sweet faces are sure to bring a smile to any little one. Gift a whole family of foxes, or an entire squad of bear cubs. (via Shrimp Salad Circus)
7. DIY Pantone Nesting Dolls: This classic toy gets a fresh, modern twist with color-blocked hues and vibrant tones. It’s the perfect gift for your most design-obsessed pal. (via Sugar & Cloth)
8. Lola Dutch Inspired Mobile: This showstopping chandelier could be exactly what your boo is missing for that ultra-feminine nursery she’s creating. It’s amazing what you can do with an embroidery hoop and some pom-poms. (via The House That Lars Built)
9. DIY Painted Pineapple Swaddle Blanket: Step up her swaddle game and custom-make your fave mama-to-be the blankets she’ll turn to again and again. (via Lovely Indeed)
10. DIY Rainbow Weaving Wall Hanging: This whimsical wall hanging would look great in baby’s room, sure, but we wouldn’t be surprised if Mom borrowed it for her own spaces. (via We Are Scout)
11. DIY Embroidered Print: Give a gift straight from the heart with a unique piece of wall art. Embroidered with a message of love or well-wishes for baby, this is a gift that’ll bring a smile to her face (and a tear to her eye). (via Brit + Co)
12. DIY Painted Name Blocks: The parents-to-be have already picked a name? DIY these dreamy letter blocks with their little one’s moniker for the ultimate personalized gift. (via The Party Parade)
13. DIY Embroidered Letter Cards: Tactile learning is easier with these lovingly knit cards. The kid will be singing the ABCs before mom knows what’s happening. (via All About Ami)
14. DIY Wooden Baby Gym: Babies love something to look at and something to grab: This one-of-a-kind gym setup has both, and it’s beautiful enough to stay out even when baby’s asleep. (via The Merry Thought)
Looking for more baby and nursery DIYs? Check us out on Pinterest!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)