10 Totally Creative Baby Shower Themes
You’re the designated baby shower planner, and you’ve got a problem. Your pregnant best friend is totally not into ducky-covered diaper cakes or anything that has pink and blue bunnies on it. You need a completely creative shower theme that’s festive, but not too cutesy. Check out these 10 imaginative and inspired ideas that your adult friends (AKA all the guests) will love.
1. Baby Books: They’re never too young to be introduced to reading. This playful baby shower theme can highlight a handful of classic children’s books, or be personalized to just feature your very favorite, like If You Give a Mouse a Cookie, Green Eggs and Ham, or Madeline. Ask each of your guests to bring their favorite childhood book as a gift, and incorporate your baby’s growing library into the display. (via Hostess With the Mostess)
2. Cowboy Country: Burlap, BBQ, and a rustic feel make this shower less “Ah, how sweet” and more, “Oh, how rad!” Dress up the shower tables with sack-like fabric, pick up some Western prints at a local antique shop, and choose a down-on-the-farm pattern for your sweets. (via Kara’s Party Ideas)
3. Bun in the Oven: Take this “I’m preggo” saying for a literal twist. Go kind of crazy with the buns and serve up a buffet of cinnamon swirls, sticky buns, and tasty treats (such as cupcakes or rolled sandwich wraps) that look like the real deal. (via Oh Sugar Event Planning)
4. Whimsical Unicorn: Come on — you know that unicorns are everywhere already, so don’t resist. Craft a rainbow photo backdrop, make mini unicorn cakes, and start sparkling with glitter-covered balloons. Don’t forget to add a magnificently magical unicorn piñata. (via Brownie Mischief)
5. Zen Out: Your pregnant friend needs some zen. Anything that helps her de-stress is probably more than welcome right now. Set the shower up in a serene outdoor space, bust out the Buddhas, and deck the tables with mini bonsai trees. (via Catch My Party)
6. Voting Ballot: As much as you’d like to, you can’t escape politics these days. Channel that theme into a light-hearted political event for your new baby, perfect for the mama who’s waiting to be surprised about the gender of her little one (or just keeping it a secret for now). Guests can vote on whether you’re having a little boy or a little girl. Plus, it’s a great way to recycle all of your red, white, and blue Independence Day decor! (via Sweeten Your Day Events)
7. Buzzy Bee: Okay, so your pregnant friend used her veto on any theme with chickies, bunnies, and ducks. But, she didn’t say anything about bees. Start with a yellow (or gold) and black color scheme, decorating the room and the treats like beautiful little bees for a surprisingly sophisticated party. (via i heart naptime)
8. Ready to Pop: That almost-mama you’re showering is ready to pop. Serve up an array of “popping” foods. Think popcorn, lollipops, and (of course) cake pops. (via Project Nursery)
9. Great Outdoors: Channeling nature is a sure way to end up with a beautiful and serene baby shower that’s just right for a mama who loves the great outdoors. Turn your party room into a cozy cabin, add a few rustic touches, and decorate with plaid, plaid, and more plaid. (via My Life at Playtime)
10. Star Wars: The mommy-to-be-showered is an epic Jedi fanatic. She’s all about Star Wars and might just go as far as to name her little one Luke or Leia. From character cupcakes and cookies to some serious Storm Trooper decor, you can dress up the party with every aspect of the movies. You can even make a Death Star piñata that you fill with blue or pink candies! (via Shindigz)
What’s your must-try baby shower theme? Tweet us @BritandCo!