DIY These Urban Outfitters-Inspired Cacti Glasses in Minutes
Everyone loves succulents and cacti. They’re tiny, they’re cute and they come in a whole bunch of fun shapes. However, despite their reputation as being impossible to kill, apparently, they’re actually quite delicate and require care and attention (and yes, I’m speaking from experience). If you want to add cacti or succulents to your life without gardening, this tutorial is for you. All it takes is some glasses and a golden Sharpie, and you can make these Urban Outfitters-inspired wine glasses in less than 10 minutes.
Materials and Tools:
- cacti template
- wine glasses
- non-toxic paints for glass and ceramics
1. Download, print and cut out our cacti template.
2. Insert the paper into the glass and use some tape to secure it in place.
3. Use the pattern as a guideline to paint your cacti.
4. Wait 1 hour for paint to dry, then place your glasses in a cool oven and heat to 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes. Let it cool in the oven before removing.
Before we begin, make sure that you wash, rinse and dry your glasses. Then download and print our cacti template and cut it out. Insert it into the first glass and use the pattern as a guideline to paint your cacti. If you make a mistake, use a little water and rub off the area you wish to erase. Once you’re done with the first glass, repeat with a second one. Lastly, wait one hour for the paint to dry, then place your glasses in a cool oven and heat to 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes. Let it cool in the oven before removing, then throw some confetti in the air because you’re done :)
Please remember to always read the instructions on your paint bottle and follow those directions if they differ from the ones suggested above.
Show us your project by tagging us on Instagram + using the hashtag #iamcreative!