DIY Copycat: Create This Anthro Pastel Wall Art for Pennies
Is there anything better than a beautiful piece of art to ring in a new season? I think not. That’s why I love Anthropologie’s Pastel Daydream Wall Art ($798). The colors are soft and subtle, perfect for spring home decor. If you’re not feeling the price tag, however, it’s not hard to hack this marbled look. Draw inspiration from gorgeous agate and marble colors to create your very own!
Materials and Tools:
- acrylic paint: pink, lavender, blue, gray, yellow, gold
- sable paintbrush
- paper towel
- cold-pressed watercolor paper
1. Start with the lightest paint colors first. Load the sable paintbrush with water and mix with paint on your palette to create a watercolor-type consistency.
2. Paint loose, flowing lines that are thick and thin. Just go with the flow and don’t worry about being perfect!
3. Once dry, add dark paint colors in thin lines (gray, navy blue, and gold) to make the painting pop and give it dimension.
4. Let dry and frame it for all to see!
Pastel makes it perfect!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.